[SOLVED] Problem between a main router/modem and an AP.

Aug 25, 2020
Hello good day.

I have a problem between a main router/modem and an AP.
I did the configuration of the AP and I connected it via ethernet cable to the main router/modem
and they work correctly.
But when I deactivate the wlan of the modem/router, the internet does not reach the AP or in rare cases it is at a very low speed, so that it is impossible to load web pages.
Why disabling the wlan affects the internet reaching the AP through the ethernet cable?
The ap is an asus Rt-12+

What is this problem due to?

Solution
AP: Asus RT-N12+ 3-in-1 router wireless-N300
main Router: Huawei hg532e.

It is possible that if it is a factory defect, since I use another router connected to the main router and it works without problems. I wanted to replace this other router with the RT-N12+.
The Asus RT-12 + also has the same problem in router mode.
Sounds like a good possibility that the unit is defective. I would recommend an ASUS RT-N66 or AC 66 instead though, not much more and a lot better performance.

RealBeast

Titan
Did you attach the AP to a LAN port of the gateway with an Ethernet cable that you know to be a good cable? Is the AP in AP mode and not wireless extender?

The AP has a static address in the network range but outside the gateway DHCP assignment range?

Aug 25, 2020
Did you attach the AP to a LAN port of the gateway with an Ethernet cable that you know to be a good cable? Is the AP in AP mode and not wireless extender?

The AP has a static address in the network range but outside the gateway DHCP assignment range?

Thanks for answering.

Yes, it is a good cable.
The AP is correctly configured.
The Ap uses static address within range.

It should be noted that the AP is new and is updated to the latest firmware version. Do you think it is a factory defect?

Aug 25, 2020
Possible. What is the model of the AP and router ?

It is possible that if it is a factory defect, since I use another router connected to the main router and it works without problems. I wanted to replace this other router with the RT-N12+.

RealBeast

Titan

Sounds like a good possibility that the unit is defective. I would recommend an ASUS RT-N66 or AC 66 instead though, not much more and a lot better performance.

Reactions: Xentop
Solution