Question problem between RAMs & Motherboard

Mar 24, 2019
hello. first time posting on this forum :giggle:

so... I bought new motherboard (Aorus z390 Ultra) and memory (Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB (4x8gb,DDR4-2666)

when I install all 4 rams on slots PC doesn't turn on, just restarting continuously, automatically. now it's working on dual channel (A2-B2).

all motherboard slots working. tried with other RAMs (Ballistix Sport LT 4x4GB, 2400)

all RAMs working too. tried one by one on this M/B and on other too (ASrock z170 Pro4) and works fine all 4 on same time.

bios is last version (F7)

specs:
i9-9900K
Aorus z390 Ultra
Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 4x8GB
Gigabyte GTX 1070 Xtreme
NZXT Kraken x72
Corsair RM850x
SSD+HDD

thanks in advance

NoMercyBeAst

Reputable
Oct 18, 2017

so... I bought new motherboard (Aorus z390 Ultra) and memory (Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB (4x8gb,DDR4-2666)

when I install all 4 rams on slots PC doesn't turn on, just restarting continuously, automatically. now it's working on dual channel (A2-B2).

all motherboard slots working. tried with other RAMs (Ballistix Sport LT 4x4GB, 2400)

all RAMs working too. tried one by one on this M/B and on other too (ASrock z170 Pro4) and works fine all 4 on same time.

specs:
i9-9900K
Aorus z390 Ultra
Gigabyte GTX 1070 Xtreme
NZXT Kraken x72
Corsair RM850x
SSD+HDD

thanks in advance
There is a remote possibility that your power supply cannot supply the extra power for more memory, but I doubt that highly, it would be unreliable already. If you have any video, sound, or other extra cards plugged in, remove them to see if there is some obscure conflict. Did you disable the onboard graphics driver?

Did you look in BIOS Setup to see the gory details of how your PC sees memory? It will tell you the size and speed of the memory modules you put in. Since something is not working, you have to get into details. Like, are you using memory that matches your CPU?

NoMercyBeAst

Reputable
Oct 18, 2017

specs:
i9-9900K
Aorus z390 Ultra
Gigabyte GTX 1070 Xtreme
NZXT Kraken x72
Corsair RM850x
SSD+HDD

thanks in advance
I don't know about your specific board, but in the past some motherboards had RAM problems if all 4 memory slots were populated.

A possible fix is to go into the BIOS setup and set the RAM timings and voltage to the ones recommended by the manufacturer. Sometimes the RAM will work OK if you use slightly slower timings (say, 9-9-9 instead of 8-8-8).
In simple words-
You can manually slow down timings on the RAM from your BIOS. Set it to something high (slow) and see how the machine behaves. Optimize from there.

Do Ballistix state the RAM works on that motherboard or is the RAM listed on the motherboard QVL list?

I have found that 4 sticks are far more sensitive to issues than 2 and checking compatibility is more important. I was told 4 sticks puts the RAM controller under more load.

Mar 24, 2019
There is a remote possibility that your power supply cannot supply the extra power for more memory

when i first tried to turn on PC after build it, it was without GPU. this PSU was powering up my first build (6700K, 4x4GB Ram, Corsair H105, only 1 HDD, same GPU,same mouse,keyboard,speakers and extra RGB strips in case)

in BIOS as i remember RAM was ok. 8+8GB 2666mhz. let me check again. also this CPU support 2666mhzs on RAM not problem. I'll try to disable onboard graphics and manually set timings and voltage. i am new to this "bios & OC" thing.

Do Ballistix state the RAM works on that motherboard or is the RAM listed on the motherboard QVL list?

This current RAMs isn't in M/B support list, i contacted crucial support Before I bought RAMs and they said it's compatible to this motherboard