Question Problem booting an ASRock x570 Phantom Gaming 4 ?

Jul 20, 2022
This is the first PC I’ve ever built, and I just finished with assembling all of the hardware in the PC minus a few fans which are still being mailed. (I currently am using the basic fans provided in the Corsair Airflow 4000D). Once I start my PC and reach the set up menu, I am completely lost. I downloaded the disk driver provided onto a USB, because I don’t have an external CD-ROM drive, and the motherboard doesn’t have one either (which seems counter-intuitive considering the disk is apart of the motherboard box). Looking at the instructions found online, once I insert the disk (which I am using the USB for) the files should appear on the main menu, yet they don’t. The instructions say if this doesn’t happen, I need to find the file ‘ASRsetup.exe’ but I can’t find it for the life of me, and none of the other files are even labeled as exe’s. Does anyone know what I can do?

Jul 20, 2022
What setup menu are you referencing ?
Did you install an OS (Windows or Linux) ?

I’m not sure. Here’s an image I found online of what it looks like:

images

Jul 20, 2022
That's BIOS/UEFI menu. To install drivers and SW you need to BOOT to Windows. That's where they are installed. If Autorun is enabled in Windows, that menu should appear when you plug that USB in.
I have 4 Gigabit Network Connection boot options aside from running my USB which hasn’t worked for me so far.
  • UEFI: HTTP IPv4 Intel (R) I211
  • UEFI: PXE IPv4 Intel (R) I211
  • UEFI: HTTP IPv6 Intel (R) I211
  • UEFI: PXE IPv6 Intel (R) I211

Other information I have read is to use the USB and make it the top option, before Saving and Exiting, which should work. Do you know what I should do from this point?

I have 4 Gigabit Network Connection boot options aside from running my USB which hasn’t worked for me so far.
  • UEFI: HTTP IPv4 Intel (R) I211
  • UEFI: PXE IPv4 Intel (R) I211
  • UEFI: HTTP IPv6 Intel (R) I211
  • UEFI: PXE IPv6 Intel (R) I211
Other information I have read is to use the USB and make it the top option, before Saving and Exiting, which should work. Do you know what I should do from this point?
Do you have Windows installed on a disk ? Windows installation files on a booiable USB at least ?

No but I can download a product key and put it on a USB, yes?
Again, go there and read all the instructions

Reactions: CountMike

TRENDING THREADS