Problem booting up my computer

djames22

Honorable
Sep 2, 2013
i have a P4BGV-MX motherboard from Asus. I replace the ram on both slot with the 1GB DDR. Also i replaced the celeron chip with the pentium4 chip. when i connected everything and try booting up the computer the screen says no signal.

Solution
Does the computer seem to power on normally? lights and fans all go like normal? or is it unresponsive when you push the power button?
Try using only 1 RAM module at a time and see if it boots then, maybe one is bad.
It may be that your motherboard needs a BIOS update before accepting the new CPU, if possible put the old one back in and try downloading the latest BIOS for that board here.

noreaster

Honorable
May 30, 2012
Does the computer seem to power on normally? lights and fans all go like normal? or is it unresponsive when you push the power button?
Try using only 1 RAM module at a time and see if it boots then, maybe one is bad.
It may be that your motherboard needs a BIOS update before accepting the new CPU, if possible put the old one back in and try downloading the latest BIOS for that board here.

Solution