Problem Booting windows from usb.

Mr mackentire

Reputable
Jul 21, 2014
2 ssd drives one of them Linux mint 17xfce the other ssd has currently nothing on it. i formated it in NTFS. When i try to install windows 7 from usb , it seems to just jump directly to grub without giving me the usb boot option. How do i go about getting the MBR back on that other SSD drive if i cant boot off usb? any insight would help

popatim

Titan
When powering up the pc with the disk in the drive, press the F-key that corresponds to "Select Boot drive" when it asks for it. Then select the usb drive. If it still boots to grub then you may not have created a bootable usb drive. Let us know what you did to create it.

Mr mackentire

Reputable
Jul 21, 2014

correct the F12 gets it into boot menu
, I understand that. the problem accures wen I select boot from usb from there it takes me straight to grub boot menu with no Windows os as a option and from there it just boots me back into linux mint.

Mr mackentire

Reputable
Jul 21, 2014
secure boot is turned off and legacy is enabled. I had windows up and running on the other ssd the other day no problem. it's when i deleted and formatted the drive that had windows on it . for a fresh install

Latest posts