Question Problem Building My Friends New Computer

Dec 28, 2019
Hello, I have a decent amount of experience building computers. I wanted to help my friend out, and we built his PC semi successfully. the computer was running great for about a minute before his power supply made a loud pop and had a white flash. We didn't know what happened, but it was a result of a bad power supply. So we got a new power supply, an even better one, for sure that could handle the wattage and made sure to buy a good one. We plugged the power supply in and when we turned the switch on the power supply on the motherboard lights came on and the white light on the GPU next to the pci-e slot were on. We then tried to power the computer on. The power button would not turn the computer on. We then were very confused do we made sure that the power sw, reset sw, hdd led were all correct and it was. Even though it was correct, I could not turn the computer on. We took the whole thing apart and put it back together, the same problem. To me this could be a problem with the motherboard possibly due to the blown psu but the capacitors on the motherboard look fine, So I believe the problem is possibly with the power sw, reset sw etc cables from the case. Again though I am not sure. I have some pictures of the build. I won't be back to test until tommorow at around 10:00 am eastern time. I would love to figure out his problem! I would appreciate any help! Thanks! https://ibb.co/KhD2VSs
-Ethan

Dec 28, 2019
Full system specs please including the previous PSU that popped.
We will need the entire PC specs including the PSU brand and model and the one that broke.
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700
GPU: GTX 1060 (Asus 6GB Phoenix)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 2400 mhz
Motherboard: ASRock Atx b450 gaming k4
Hardrive: Seagate 1 TB hard drive
Case: Corsair Carbide 100R Mid Tower
PSU THAT POPPED: Corsair CX 450W
NEW PSU: EVGA 700W 80+ Bronze