Problem Choosing New Components Compatibility Old PC

thegeorge

Reputable
Jan 28, 2016
I will talk fast about my problem . So,i have a old pc and i want to buy a new hard-disk because the hard-disk that i actually have have low storrage size and it moves slow . These are my pc specs : http://imgur.com/tVVmuZS

I want to buy this hard disk : http://www.emag.ro/hdd-wd-blue-1tb-7200rpm-64mb-sata-3-wd10ezex/pd/E8G7KBBBM/

My first question : If i buy this hard disk , it will be compatible with my motherboard ( because this motherboard is old ) ?
My second question : Let's say the new hard disk is not compatible with my motherboard , then i should buy a new motherboard to be compatible with the new hard disk and must also change my processor to be compatible with my motherboard? ( i'm not skilled in PC-s but i hear that motherboards have a port for processors ( AM3 or something like that ) and if i change my motherboard i will have to also change the processor?

OldAmazingBrain

Reputable
Dec 1, 2015
The HDD is compatible. THey both use SATA 3 GB/S.
You are correct that motherboards have different sockets. For example, an Intel processor will not fit in an AMD socket, and vice versa. Newer processors might or might not fit in older sockets (you have to check to make sure sockets match)

thegeorge

Reputable
Jan 28, 2016
I know that sounds stupid but i read on internet sata 3 can reach 6gb/s . You have said that "They both use SATA 3 GB/S." , You wanted to say it is sata 2 because sata 2 have 3gb/s ?

So , what sata (1 2 3) or something like that have my motherboard ?

kwa-e

Admirable
Sata 3 drives will still work with sata 2 as they are still the same interface, it's just that you may not get the best performance (performance loss is too abysmal to even notice, though)

thegeorge

Reputable
Jan 28, 2016
So the make clear things :

1. My motherboard will be compatible with my new hard disk right?
2. And my motherboard is sata 2 right?