[SOLVED] Problem ,computer doesnt boot and beeps alot

DubleAX

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2012
Hello there
Where i live there was a thunder storm on last friday
The electricitt fell in all the city and on saturday when i tries to turn on the pc it worked ok for a few houra with no problen while i didint use it
And after 10 minutes i used itto watch a video it crashed abd when i boot it beeps a lot (like a crashing helicopter beep sound) and restarts
By the way i have this electricitt safe thing on the cable that the computer is plugged in amd eanted to know if anybody kniws what to do and what is the problem

Solution
Are you comfortable with opening the case and taking a look inside?

Powering down, unplugging, opening the case, then re-seating motherboard connectors and components. Also checking for any lit troubleshooting LEDS.

Get the make, model, and motherboard version as well. And likewise for any other installed components: GPU, Disk drives, RAM, PSU, etc..

Or do you know someone who can help you do the above steps and do the steps safely? "Safely" meaning both checking inside the case and socially distancing while masked etc. due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

What is that "safe thing" on the cable: make, model, version? Surge Protector, UPS, something else?

When the PC beeps is there a pattern of long and short beeps? Listen carefully.

DubleAX

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2012
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

What is that "safe thing" on the cable: make, model, version? Surge Protector, UPS, something else?

When the PC beeps is there a pattern of long and short beeps? Listen carefully.
Ok il update later i have windows 10 os and its a i5 intel gaming pc
The compter and monitor are conected to a power duplicator(im sorry for my bad english) which is conected to the wall through one of those electricitt protecters that protect electric machines from thunder bolts

And the
Computer beeps rapidy short beeps like as if it wants to imitate a crashing helicopter

Ralston18

Titan
Your English is fine.

Sometimes the terminology gets a bit confusing especially with technical terms and translations.

Just take a look at the "power duplicator". Post any name,, make, model information that you find.

Or take a couple of photographs.

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2173703/post-images-tomshardware-guide.html

My thought is that you have a surge protector/ power bar of some sort.

They are designed to only absorb/protect to some design level of surge or power protection. Once that level is reached or even exceeded the device will no longer provide protection and/or fail in some manner.

Local power problems and thunderstorms can quickly cause such devices to reach their designed EOL (End of Life).

DubleAX

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2012
Your English is fine.

Sometimes the terminology gets a bit confusing especially with technical terms and translations.

Just take a look at the "power duplicator". Post any name,, make, model information that you find.

Or take a couple of photographs.

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2173703/post-images-tomshardware-guide.html

My thought is that you have a surge protector/ power bar of some sort.

They are designed to only absorb/protect to some design level of surge or power protection. Once that level is reached or even exceeded the device will no longer provide protection and/or fail in some manner.

Local power problems and thunderstorms can quickly cause such devices to reach their designed EOL (End of Life).
Ok thanks
So it can be that the power aurge didnt help and my pc is dead?
Or the problem that the thunder did has a limint and only the psu needs replacement
The psu is corsair cs650m

Ralston18

Titan
Could be the surge protector, the PSU, the motherboard, or some motherboard component. Or - when lightning is involved could be some combination.

Also, reading back, do you also have a UPS that provides power to the computer and monitor if power goes out?

First check the surge protector - it may a a small button somewhere to reset an internal circuit breaker. Check the UPS (if there is one) as well.

Connect the PC to power without any thing else in the power path. Try another wall outlet. Get as direct of a power connection to the PC as you can.

Then, if the PC works again start adding things back one at a time - if the computer stops working when a particular device is reconnected then that device is probably bad.

Also remember to look at all of devices that are connected. Get the make and model information from each. Post accordingly and include how they are connected.

DubleAX

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2012
Could be the surge protector, the PSU, the motherboard, or some motherboard component. Or - when lightning is involved could be some combination.

Also, reading back, do you also have a UPS that provides power to the computer and monitor if power goes out?

First check the surge protector - it may a a small button somewhere to reset an internal circuit breaker. Check the UPS (if there is one) as well.

Connect the PC to power without any thing else in the power path. Try another wall outlet. Get as direct of a power connection to the PC as you can.

Then, if the PC works again start adding things back one at a time - if the computer stops working when a particular device is reconnected then that device is probably bad.

Also remember to look at all of devices that are connected. Get the make and model information from each. Post accordingly and include how they are connected.
Ok thanks
The surge protector isnt the problem because i conected the pc straight to the wall,same problem
I want to post the pc spec the problem is that i dont remember what ate they and i can only check if the pc would have booted

We dont have an alternative power supply
Any other idea?

Ralston18

Titan
Are you comfortable with opening the case and taking a look inside?

Powering down, unplugging, opening the case, then re-seating motherboard connectors and components. Also checking for any lit troubleshooting LEDS.

Get the make, model, and motherboard version as well. And likewise for any other installed components: GPU, Disk drives, RAM, PSU, etc..

Or do you know someone who can help you do the above steps and do the steps safely? "Safely" meaning both checking inside the case and socially distancing while masked etc. due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

Solution