Wyatt

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2004

Hi i was wondering if someone may have some information
in regards to Outlook Express. When trying to connect i
continue to recieve time out errors, unable to connect to
account.

Hi wyatt,

If you give us more information in regards with your internet connection ,
account configuration, etc. would give us more insight to the problem.

Try this trouble shooting outlook express wizard....

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/using/productdoc/en/default.asp?url=/windowsxp/home/using/productdoc/en/inetml_trb.asp

Regards

Ravickumar M

"wyatt" wrote:

> Hi i was wondering if someone may have some information
> in regards to Outlook Express. When trying to connect i
> continue to recieve time out errors, unable to connect to
> account.

Did you:

1) Check your network connection
2) Check if your account password is correct

Which version of Outlook Express are u using?

Gary Hendricks
www.baby-product-guide.com

"wyatt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<267d01c4af5a$13057a20$a301280a@phx.gbl>...
> Hi i was wondering if someone may have some information
> in regards to Outlook Express. When trying to connect i
> continue to recieve time out errors, unable to connect to
> account.

Unknown

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2002

Usually an ISP problem.

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 23:18:07 -0700, wyatt wrote:

> Hi i was wondering if someone may have some information
> in regards to Outlook Express. When trying to connect i
> continue to recieve time out errors, unable to connect to
> account.

As Unknown mentions this is usually an ISP problem or a problem with their
mail server. I've run into persistent timeout errors on occasion. For one
account especially, mail was "stuck" in the pipe. By signing on to the
account via a web interface, I could clear out the offending piece of mail.
Afterwards, picking up email with my email program went back to normal.

If your ISP does not offer a web interface, you could call them and ask
them to check your inbox for you.
--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User