Question Problem crash gpu rx 590 colored screen

Jul 14, 2020
Hi, I have been having this problem for a year now and I am tired because I am trying to solve it by contacting anyone before changing gpu (also because I don't know if it depends on that). I assembled this pc:

Asus prime x399-A motherboard
AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1920X processor
Samsung 970 EVO M.2 500 GB SSD
Western Digital Purple 4TB HDD
VIDEO CARD ASUS RADEON RX 590 ROG STRIX 8G GAMING 8192 MB GDDR5
Corsair tx850m power supply
Noctua NH-U14S TR4-SP3 heatsink
RAM HyperX FURY HX426C16FB2K4 / 32
Windows 10 Pro

The problem is that every time I play, when the gpu is fully loaded i.e. at a temperature of 78/80 ° therefore on maximum settings (I only did it to test it because I currently play at lower settings to avoid the problem) the pc freezes when it reaches full load, giving me random colored screens, green yellow red or blue / gray and therefore it only allows me to restart the pc (once restarted a few times it happened to me that the fans start at maximum and then they stop when the pc has started) Actually i set -10 power on wattman for fix

I tried to :

Change the ram, adjust the frequency of the latter

Changed power supply

Changed SSD

Tried to change several drivers, uninstalled the old ones with DDU, but I have not the slightest idea of how to solve apart that putting an amd driver of August 2019, instead of the crash, an infinite flickering occurs that locks the desktop, unlockable with the task manager.

Already I have solved an initial problem of a cold boot, due to the ram badly mounted by the seller (a misfit) remittances affixed, solved.

Besides that there is another problem, my motherboard does not start with my RX 590 in the first PCIE slot, but in the second pcie slot yes, while instead if I put a 6 gb Msi 1060 it starts in the first slot but not in the second. it's a slaughterhouse I know but I can't get out of it

If you ask me to send everything in assistance, I can only with the serial in rma .. I do not have the invoice .. Sorry for my bad english...

Jul 14, 2020
Did you check for a newer BIOS for the motherboard? You said you have a 1060 to test, does the same issue happen with that card? Assuming you don't have both video cards in at the same time correct?
Currently my bios has version 0808, there are 2-3 more recent updates that I'm afraid to do ... these days I'm working and I wouldn't want to cause a wrong flash. However no, the 1060 does not give me this crash problem, I tested it only one evening and apparently there is no problem.

EDIT : I also add that these days this PC has blocked me 2 hard drives on which I keep saved very important work files, which I am recovering with a program from last night by scanning the peripheral, it happened already months ago always with this PC, I don't know what is due, lack of power supply .. I do not know ... I only know that I have been cheated by this stupid seller who has to report

Last edited: