Question Problem Fixed

Harbintatamata

Prominent
Jun 20, 2020
Hello. Im looking further to upgrade some things to my computer but before purchasing any components i need to make sure that the things will work properly and i dont wanna face anything wrong because ive done to many mistakes on early years when i didnt know how the pc parts work together and other stuff. Now the things is that im looking further to ugrade my gpu to GTX 1660 (6gb) and to do this im gonna need to replace the PSU and CPU too, i have everything undercontrol for the moment. Ill purchase a CORSAIR CX550 80PLUS BRONZE to run perfectly with my graphic card. But i want to upgrade and the cpu too because the one that i already have, i can say that is not a good to go CPU, i have i5-4440 3.10Ghz procesor, and with my GTX 1660 i will desperately have bottleneck and stuttering on games. I read a lot of posts and asked for advices, im gonna buy an i7-3770k 3.50GHz, i readed that this processor is the best cpu that will be compatible with my gtx 1660 and will cause less bottleneck, its the way to go because its not even expensive as well. Now my question is, will this CPU (i7-3770) will work properly on my pc? With GTX 1660 and CORSAIR PSU CX500 (my motherboard is GIGABYTE H81M-S)..... ? I wont have any issue at all with this, because as far as i know everything is okay right now with this build. This is the CPU, and one question, does this have Cooler too included? Or its only the CPU chipset? If i order this cpu will i get a box within it with the cooler too? -----> https://www.ebay.com/itm/Intel-Core...rentrq:716edeba1730adaa671cc13ffff32ada|iid:1

Lutfij

Titan
A thread title with all caps doesn't help anyone's cause, if you're yelling at the audience. A wall of text also impedes user's comprehension and subsequent suggestions. As the saying goes, help us help you.

You're fine with the i5-4440, besides the i7-3770K will never be able to drop in that motherboard you're working with as the board only supports 4th Gen Intel processors, not the 3rd Gen.

Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
GPU:
PSU:

So we can understand what you have to work with and what possible upgrades can happen for you.

Harbintatamata

Prominent
Jun 20, 2020
A thread title with all caps doesn't help anyone's cause, if you're yelling at the audience.

You're fine with the i5-4440, besides the i7-3770K will never be able to drop in that motherboard you're working with as the board only supports 4th Gen Intel processors, not the 3rd Gen.

CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
GPU:
PSU:

So we can understand what you have to work with and what possible upgrades can happen for you.
So youre saying that i should stick my main processor right now at the moment, if i do face any issues in the future i will look forward to upgrade it. Okay then thanks a lot man :)

Harbintatamata

Prominent
Jun 20, 2020
Im looking further to upgrade my gpu but i know that this processor will have a little bottleneck with gtx 1660, i already have a i5-4440 and as far as i know its not perfect but its fine and its the way to go. Im not looking to play games on ULTRA settings, just basic games like fortnite and csgo with low graphics and full resolution, thats all what im asking for. Soo the question is, will i be fine using the gtx 1660 with my i5-4440 ?
(this is just extra, in case. The psu is CORSAIR CX550 80PLUS BRONZE)

Harbintatamata

Prominent
Jun 20, 2020
A thread title with all caps doesn't help anyone's cause, if you're yelling at the audience. A wall of text also impedes user's comprehension and subsequent suggestions. As the saying goes, help us help you.

CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
GPU:
PSU:

CPU: i5-4440 3.10 GHZ
Motherboard: GIGABYTE H81M-s
Ram: ddr3 pc3-12800 (looking to buy 8x2 16gbram)
HDD: 500GB (looking to put an ssd too)
GPU: GTX 1660 that i will buy in these weeks
PSU: Corsair cx550 80PLUS BRONZE

(I think everything its just fine and ready to go, i dont really know if there is any issue about this build, its just fine)

Latest posts