[SOLVED] [Problem] GPU overclock = more lag

Feb 20, 2019
So basically i have a gtx 1060 6gb amp by Zotac, but when i try to oc it even a little bit, games seem to be less smooth...
I used MSI Afterburner, and a weird thing is that on Msi kombustor i get more fps with OC, but as i said on games, i don't. Why does this happen? When i use Kombustor the pc doesn't crash so i don't think i oc it too much...

Solution
So basically i have a gtx 1060 6gb amp by Zotac, but when i try to oc it even a little bit, games seem to be less smooth...
on Msi kombustor i get more fps with OC, but as i said on games, i don't. Why does this happen?
This could be a few things.
My first question for you is what kind of CPU do you have? Slow CPUs can bottleneck fast GPUs (AMD FX chips would be a "slow CPU")
Do you have Vsync/G-Sync enabled? This can manifest as strange behavior that is compounded by an overclock.
What kind of games is this happening in?
Does it happen in all games or only specific ones?
EDIT: Make certain the GPU stays below the temperature range that @M.AGamer mentioned (80-85C).
Feb 20, 2019
Regardless of the actual reason why this behavior occurs, go with what works best for your games.
If a title runs better without an overclock, then run your card stock.

real world behavior beats theoretical all day long.

Thank you for showing interest, but i'm sorry to say it's completely useless answer. I'll wait for someone to give me a real "diagnostic"

compprob237

Distinguished
on Msi kombustor i get more fps with OC, but as i said on games, i don't. Why does this happen?
This could be a few things.
My first question for you is what kind of CPU do you have? Slow CPUs can bottleneck fast GPUs (AMD FX chips would be a "slow CPU")
Do you have Vsync/G-Sync enabled? This can manifest as strange behavior that is compounded by an overclock.
What kind of games is this happening in?
Does it happen in all games or only specific ones?
EDIT: Make certain the GPU stays below the temperature range that @M.AGamer mentioned (80-85C).

Solution