[SOLVED] Problem in sharing memory

Apr 30, 2021
Hey there everyone
Recently my old pc fried. So I bought a new one from the internet but the speed of ram and it's cpu are different and the cpu doesn't support ram faster than DDR4 2400. the installed ram is 16gb 1channel DDR4 2666. it doesn't have a gpu so i use the intel's integrated GPU the UHD 630. As I saw in the benchmarks the cpu and it's gpu work great in esports titles but mine looks to have problems in using my ram. The gpu mostly uses 128mb of ram and whenever it reaches higher than 800mb the game crashes. And even if it doesn't the game is always laggy like i get 20fps at 720p at lowest setting in csgo.
This is the system I'm using
Cpu : intel pentium gold g5620 4ghz 4mb cache
Gpu : intel UHD 630
Ram : 1x16gb DDR4 crucial 2666 1 channel
Psu : 685watt modular
Main : gigabyte H310M S2P
HDD : western black 7200 1TB

I don't know much about pcs if it's the ram that is messing with the gpus performance should I change it? The rams are automatically downclocked to 2400. Main does support 2666 but the cpu doesn't. Oh and tried making GMM key in H key local machine under intel to change dedicated segment size to 1024 but to no avail the system shows the dedicated gpu memory is 128mb only. Help T_T

Solution
Hey there everyone
Recently my old pc fried. So I bought a new one from the internet but the speed of ram and it's cpu are different and the cpu doesn't support ram faster than DDR4 2400. the installed ram is 16gb 1channel DDR4 2666. it doesn't have a gpu so i use the intel's integrated GPU the UHD 630. As I saw in the benchmarks the cpu and it's gpu work great in esports titles but mine looks to have problems in using my ram. The gpu mostly uses 128mb of ram and whenever it reaches higher than 800mb the game crashes. And even if it doesn't the game is always laggy like i get 20fps at 720p at lowest setting in csgo.
Ram : 1x16gb DDR4...

kanewolf

Titan
Hey there everyone
Ram : 1x16gb DDR4 crucial 2666 1 channel
Psu : 685watt modular
Main : gigabyte H310M S2P
HDD : western black 7200 1TB

I don't know much about pcs if it's the ram that is messing with the gpus performance should I change it? The rams are automatically downclocked to 2400. Main does support 2666 but the cpu doesn't. Oh and tried making GMM key in H key local machine under intel to change dedicated segment size to 1024 but to no avail the system shows the dedicated gpu memory is 128mb only. Help T_T
Your problem is a single memory stick. That means that the CPU and integrated GPU have 1/2 the possible memory bandwidth. That REALLY hurts performance for an integrated GPU. You will be much better off selling that 16GB stick and getting a set of two 8GB sticks.

Reactions: toxic720
Solution
Apr 30, 2021
Your problem is a single memory stick. That means that the CPU and integrated GPU have 1/2 the possible memory bandwidth. That REALLY hurts performance for an integrated GPU. You will be much better off selling that 16GB stick and getting a set of two 8GB sticks.
Thanks a lot for your reply. I'll go sell it now. But one question. Since there aren't many dual channel rams available near my location. May I buy two single channel 8gb ram sticks or should it be dual channel?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Thanks a lot for your reply. I'll go sell it now. But one question. Since there aren't many dual channel rams available near my location. May I buy two single channel 8gb ram sticks or should it be dual channel?

It should be a set of two. They're sold together for a reason; they have the same chip source and have been tested and verified to be working together.

Apr 30, 2021
So I was able to find a good RAM but again with higher speed 2666 than CPU's supported range which The Motherboard is going to downclock to 2400. but this time the modules come in one box meaning it's a dual channel. Will this work for me? or is the downcloking going to be a problem?

TRENDING THREADS