Problem in starting my computer

When I started my Win XP PC, a message kept on coming up and rebooting the
computer. The message was "ALi APG driver was successfully installed,
computer will now reboot directly". Any help in solving this problem would be
greatly appreciated.

Restart in Safe Mode (http://tinyurl.com/pfca ) and try uninstalling the
drivers from Device Manager (Windows key + Pause/Break key) and go to
Hardware>Device Manger and look under "Display Adapters". Double-click the
adapter and go to the Driver tab. Choose either "Uninstall" or "Rollback
Driver".
Reboot and post back what happens.

--
James M. Fisher
MS MVP Windows Shell/User

<Please reply in the newsgroups>
"Ann Wong" <AnnWong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I started my Win XP PC, a message kept on coming up and rebooting the
> computer. The message was "ALi APG driver was successfully installed,
> computer will now reboot directly". Any help in solving this problem would
> be
> greatly appreciated.

Hi James,

I tried both "Rollback" and "Uninstall", it didn't work. This is my son's
pc. He said he didn't install anything or did anything that he didn't do for
a while. He couldn't understand why this problem came up. Any other
suggestions?
Thank you.

Ann

"James M. Fisher [MVP]" wrote:

> Restart in Safe Mode (http://tinyurl.com/pfca ) and try uninstalling the
> drivers from Device Manager (Windows key + Pause/Break key) and go to
> Hardware>Device Manger and look under "Display Adapters". Double-click the
> adapter and go to the Driver tab. Choose either "Uninstall" or "Rollback
> Driver".
> Reboot and post back what happens.
>
> --
> James M. Fisher
> MS MVP Windows Shell/User
> Service Pack 2 Master List:
> http://jmfmvps.mvps.org/SP2.htm
>
> <Please reply in the newsgroups>
> "Ann Wong" <AnnWong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I started my Win XP PC, a message kept on coming up and rebooting the
> > computer. The message was "ALi APG driver was successfully installed,
> > computer will now reboot directly". Any help in solving this problem would
> > be
> > greatly appreciated.

Look in Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel....any ATI software appearing
there?

Downloading and reinstalling the latest drivers from ATI may help as well.

--

> Hi James,
>
> I tried both "Rollback" and "Uninstall", it didn't work. This is my son's
> pc. He said he didn't install anything or did anything that he didn't do
> for
> a while. He couldn't understand why this problem came up. Any other
> suggestions?
> Thank you.
>
> Ann
>
> "James M. Fisher [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Restart in Safe Mode (http://tinyurl.com/pfca ) and try uninstalling the
>> drivers from Device Manager (Windows key + Pause/Break key) and go to
>> Hardware>Device Manger and look under "Display Adapters". Double-click
>> the
>> adapter and go to the Driver tab. Choose either "Uninstall" or "Rollback
>> Driver".
>> Reboot and post back what happens.
>>
>> --
>> James M. Fisher
>> MS MVP Windows Shell/User
>> Service Pack 2 Master List:
>> http://jmfmvps.mvps.org/SP2.htm
>>
>> <Please reply in the newsgroups>
>> "Ann Wong" <AnnWong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > When I started my Win XP PC, a message kept on coming up and rebooting
>> > the
>> > computer. The message was "ALi APG driver was successfully installed,
>> > computer will now reboot directly". Any help in solving this problem
>> > would
>> > be
>> > greatly appreciated.

Hi James,
My son did a system restore before I got your message. The system restore
did the trick.
Thanks.
Ann

"James M. Fisher [MVP]" wrote:

> Look in Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel....any ATI software appearing
> there?
>
> Downloading and reinstalling the latest drivers from ATI may help as well.
>
> --
> James M. Fisher
> MS MVP Windows Shell/User
> Service Pack 2 Master List:
> http://jmfmvps.mvps.org/SP2.htm
> <Please reply in the newsgroups>
>
> "Ann Wong" <AnnWong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi James,
> >
> > I tried both "Rollback" and "Uninstall", it didn't work. This is my son's
> > pc. He said he didn't install anything or did anything that he didn't do
> > for
> > a while. He couldn't understand why this problem came up. Any other
> > suggestions?
> > Thank you.
> >
> > Ann
> >
> > "James M. Fisher [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Restart in Safe Mode (http://tinyurl.com/pfca ) and try uninstalling the
> >> drivers from Device Manager (Windows key + Pause/Break key) and go to
> >> Hardware>Device Manger and look under "Display Adapters". Double-click
> >> the
> >> adapter and go to the Driver tab. Choose either "Uninstall" or "Rollback
> >> Driver".
> >> Reboot and post back what happens.
> >>
> >> --
> >> James M. Fisher
> >> MS MVP Windows Shell/User
> >> Service Pack 2 Master List:
> >> http://jmfmvps.mvps.org/SP2.htm
> >>
> >> <Please reply in the newsgroups>
> >> "Ann Wong" <AnnWong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Hey, that's great! That's what System restore is there for.