Problem install nvidia drivers

Cory Warnimont

Honorable
Jun 28, 2013
Hello i normally try and figure this stuff out myself but this time i cant see to get it.

My problem is every time i go to install a driver update for my graphics card the installer always fails ive been googling lots of different things and i have found some information. Ive gone and used driversweeper already to remove all the old drivers and i still have the problem on one post a guy mention downloading gpu-z to see if it was registering using this other guys card when i looked at it it doesnt seem to be for mine im kinda clueless now and i would appreciate any help i can get .

Cory Warnimont

Honorable
Jun 28, 2013

sorry windows 7 ultimate 32 bit
amd athlon 64x2 3800+ 2.0ghz
nividia geforce 250gts 2gb ram

Hi,

I would try and do a clean install of the driver. To do this, click the setup.exe for the Nvidia driver, and when it opens up, select the manual install option. Before clicking on the next button, just under the window pane, there is a tickbox for doing a 'clean install' which removes your old drivers and installs the new set. Give it a try and see how you get on.

Cory Warnimont

Honorable
Jun 28, 2013

tried that already doesnt work

Is it all drivers, or just the latest 320's? Maybe try a previous one!?

Cory Warnimont

Honorable
Jun 28, 2013

ya its all of them

hmmm, not sure what that could be. Just to rule out the other obvious thing, maybe try and reseat the GFX card. Before you put the card back in maybe blow out the PCI slot with compressed air, then reseat. But being honest I don't think that's the problem. If windows picks up the card, then its most likely not the PCI slot or the GPU not being installed correctly.

Cory Warnimont

Honorable
Jun 28, 2013
i had some luck earlier i went into the registry and deleted everything had that to do with display drivers and disabled windows update and it installed after that thanks for the help everyone

Deamot

Honorable
Dec 30, 2013

How did you get to the registry?
Do you mean regedit by registry? If the answer is yes then how did you get to display drivers?