Problem installing an application

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications,microsoft.public.windows.terminal_services (More info?)

Hi all...
We are installing SAP in two terminal servers in app server mode.

When i run the setup a message is shown indicating that I should switch to
install mode. I had never seen this message before.
I have change the mode with change user /install and both servers says that
its ok, but if i execute change user /query it says that the server is in
Execute mode...

Can anybody help me?
How can i force the install mode?

The servers are Win 2000 SP4. They where a NLB cluster, but now we have
chenged this...

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications,microsoft.public.windows.terminal_services (More info?)

What release we are talking about?
Do you have it as a package, or you try to install it custom?
We have 4.6 something I I have a package.
It is okay that it say that you should switch to Install more - just
press yes. Also it is better to install SAP from
Add/Remove programms.

--

Regards,
Dr.Conti (PubForum - The SBC Community Conference owner)

"emq" <nospam_emquiros@terra.es> wrote in message
> Hi all...
> We are installing SAP in two terminal servers in app server mode.
>
> When i run the setup a message is shown indicating that I should switch to
> install mode. I had never seen this message before.
> I have change the mode with change user /install and both servers says
> that its ok, but if i execute change user /query it says that the server
> is in Execute mode...
>
> Can anybody help me?
> How can i force the install mode?
>
> The servers are Win 2000 SP4. They where a NLB cluster, but now we have
> chenged this...

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications,microsoft.public.windows.terminal_services (More info?)

Yes I have tried to install from Add/Remove programs, and switch to install
mode...
The release is 6.40...

The problem is not the SAP installation but the Terminal Server...

"Dr.Conti" <drconti@nospampubforum.net> escribió en el mensaje
> What release we are talking about?
> Do you have it as a package, or you try to install it custom?
> We have 4.6 something I I have a package.
> It is okay that it say that you should switch to Install more - just
> press yes. Also it is better to install SAP from
> Add/Remove programms.
>

> --
>

> Regards,
> Dr.Conti (PubForum - The SBC Community Conference owner)
> http://www.pubforum.net
>
> "emq" <nospam_emquiros@terra.es> wrote in message
>> Hi all...
>> We are installing SAP in two terminal servers in app server mode.
>>
>> When i run the setup a message is shown indicating that I should switch
>> to install mode. I had never seen this message before.
>> I have change the mode with change user /install and both servers says
>> that its ok, but if i execute change user /query it says that the server
>> is in Execute mode...
>>
>> Can anybody help me?
>> How can i force the install mode?
>>
>> The servers are Win 2000 SP4. They where a NLB cluster, but now we have
>> chenged this...

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications,microsoft.public.windows.terminal_services (More info?)

Ehhh...
Are you installing via RDP or directly in front of the server? Because I
know
some progs don't like that. Also, are you running in "Application mode" or
you are still in Remote Administration mode? Because if you are you can't
change to
change user /install since it is not supported for Remote Admin Mode AFAIK.
I have seen this error when installing my SAP GUI's but still the
installation went trough
and I haven't had any probs after that (and yes I pressed YES on the
question "Do
you want to switch to Install Mode"
Here a nice link from Citrix Knowledge Bade:

http://support.citrix.com/kb/entry.jspa?externalID=CTX163533

The more interesting are the SAP Notes mentioned there. As SAP
customer you should have no prob to access the doc's:

0138869 SAPGUI on Windows Terminal Server (WTS)
0030478 Service Packs on Windows NT/Windows 2000
0066971 Supported frontend platforms Release 3.1/4.0/4.5/4.6
0150533 Printing under Windows Terminal Server (WTS)
0177626 IS-H with terminal server: Restrictions
0196998 SAPGUI resources (APO): Hardware and software
0431163 Troubleshooting Citrix Metaframe Issues
0424307 Citrix Client and EBP: problems at catalog call
0215529 SAPGUI for Windows in the Workplace using WTS
0448529 Perform. problems with SAPLPD in terminal server environment
0407258 Hard copy functions in New Visual Design
0026417 SAPGUI Resources: Hardware and software
020069 Notes on Sapgui for use via terminal server
0146505 SAPGUI for the Java environment (Platform Independent GUI)
0441583 License Mechanism for Activex Controls inside Bluebox
0210274 Additional informtion for SQL or MSDE on terminal server
0304112 WORKPLACE, collective note Gui on terminal server
0355426 Workplace: SAP GUI recommendations
0485587 Citrix support of Requisite