Question Problem installing Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 Ti and drivers ?

turkeypets

Prominent
Sep 5, 2022
I swapped out my old ATI card for a old Nvidia GEFORCE GTX 650 Ti. The problem is there is a yellow question mark in Device Manager for the Nvidia and when i try to install drivers for the card i get artifacts on the screen. I will attach pictures of the artifacts. After i uninstall the drivers and restart, my computer trys to install Standard VGA Graphics Adapter.
I have tried the original CD and driver that came with the card and i get artifacts all over the screen. When i tried other drivers like 365.19/365.10 there aren't as many artifacts but there are blue dots and streaks all over the screen.
I'm doing clean installs every time i try a different driver.
No matter which driver i install the card still has a yellow question mark in device manager.
The first picture i attached is what the screen looks like when i install the original CD driver and also when i try driver 334.67
The second picture is when i try other drivers like 365.19/365.10 the shades of colors are gone but the blue dots and streaks are still there.

Here is my system spec:
Computer type: PC/Desktop Computer
Manufacturer/Model Number: HP-Pavilion m9250f
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6700 @ 2.66ghz 2.67 ghz
Motherboard: ASUSTek Computer Inc. Benicia
Memory: 8.00 gb
Graphics Card(s): Nvidia GEFORCE GTX 560Ti
Hard Drives: ST3500630AS
Antivirus: no
Browser: Firefox and Chromium

View: https://imgur.com/a/3ejjCRU

View: https://imgur.com/a/DOlpT0u

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
that's the official Nvidia website. I can go there just fine.

edit: oh wait, it did disappear.

____

here's the link again. The driver number is 344.75

_

edit 2: and in case the link disappears again. Just go to google, and type "nvidia 560ti vista" without the " ".

344.75 should appear at the top search. :)

turkeypets

Prominent
Sep 5, 2022

____

_

edit 2:
and in case the link disappears again. Just go to google, and type "nvidia 560ti vista" without the " ".

thank you but it didn't work, it looked like the first picture i posted lots of artifacts.
I use to have this card in another computer could never get the left side of the connectors to go all the way down into the slot even Best buy couldn't do it. Got the same problem using it in this computer but its down into the slot on both sides, maybe the connector got damaged or its not all the way down on the left side. Im going to give up on it soon and put the ATI back in and ill take a picture of it in the slot.

turkeypets

Prominent
Sep 5, 2022

____

_

edit 2:
and in case the link disappears again. Just go to google, and type "nvidia 560ti vista" without the " ".

if the connection is the problem though, how come some drivers look better than others? You ever hear of a problem like this before?

TRENDING THREADS