[SOLVED] Problem installing Windows 11 on H370 AORUS GAMING 3 ?

Feb 1, 2022
Hiya!

So I've been interested in upgrading to Windows 11 for a while now, so I downloaded the "PC Health Check" application that Microsoft supplies so I could see exactly what needed to be changed/enabled. I saw that TPM had to be enabled and Secure boot also needed to be enabled, now I knew going into this that this mb had a TPM2.0 module so I thought, easy enough right?

But after enabling TPM and Secure boot I got hit with "Invalid Signature Detected" upon boot, I tried resetting the keys but to no avail and I can't really see what I can do to solve this because most forums say I need to disable secure boot but unfortunately that means no Windows 11.

I also tried flashing the latest BIOS firmware to see if that would help but again, no luck :(

Any help would be majorly appreciated!

(sorry if my formatting is poor, it's my first forum post heh)

Cheers!

Solution
Gave this a try and this time instead of getting the invalid signature pop up, I just get taken straight into my bios and when I try and check my boot devices, there is nothing there now 😟 Ive disabled secure boot again and it seems to be recognising my storage devices fine now so could it possibly be an issue with them?
Do you mean you can boot now Secure boot is off?
This makes me think your drives are formatted as MBR and not GPT.
turning on secure boot will mean it won't see MBR drives to boot off - That Explains why turning it off makes them show up

If you are set up as MBR, we need to swap you to GPT before you can go onto Win 11.

this shows how...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Not helpful that the number 1 answer to this problem is turn off secure boot.

I don't know how you meant to enable secure boot on Intel systems. Below is how you do it on AMD
Steps to enable (all AMD-based Gigabyte mobos) Secure Boot. Make sure fTPM is enabled. Make sure CSM is disabled. In Secure Boot, select custom under Secure Boot Mode, Select Restore Factory Keys, Say YES to reset without saving.

When BIOS restarts, access BIOS and change Secure Boot Mode back to Standard and then Yes to restart without save.
it might be similar.

You may need to contact Gigabyte - https://forum.gigabyte.us/

Feb 1, 2022
Not helpful that the number 1 answer to this problem is turn off secure boot.

I don't know how you meant to enable secure boot on Intel systems. Below is how you do it on AMD

it might be similar.

You may need to contact Gigabyte - https://forum.gigabyte.us/
Thanks for the reply!

Gave this a try and this time instead of getting the invalid signature pop up, I just get taken straight into my bios and when I try and check my boot devices, there is nothing there now 😟 Ive disabled secure boot again and it seems to be recognising my storage devices fine now so could it possibly be an issue with them?
I’ve installed a good few distros of linux in my time but i’m always sure to do a nice clean up when I get bored and move back to windows hehe, so idk if there might be some GRUB files somewhere that might be causing issues or something?

but again, thank you for your reply, seems to be getting me somewhere different haha.

Cheers.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Do you mean you can boot now Secure boot is off?
This makes me think your drives are formatted as MBR and not GPT.
turning on secure boot will mean it won't see MBR drives to boot off - That Explains why turning it off makes them show up

If you are set up as MBR, we need to swap you to GPT before you can go onto Win 11.

this shows how

I expect once you do that and enable secure boot again, it will see a boot drive just fine.

Solution