problem installing windows on gigabyte 78LMT-usb 3 motherboard

Oct 16, 2018
It came pre-installed with windows 8 64bit but it would reboot randomly, i've changed the psu and motherboard but with no luck , i've got it running 32 bit but obviously i'd like it to be 64 bit , tested the ram and hard drive but no problems with those, everytime I try to install windows 8 64 bit it restarts on the getting files ready part of installation.

Using 32 bit, I'd update the motherboard bios if it isn't already updated to whatever the latest version is. Also, make sure the CPU you're using is on the motherboard support list.

You might consider creating a bootable linux USB stick. This would be to see if the computer will boot up with a 64 bit version of linux.

Oct 16, 2018

I've updated the Motherboard bios but still reboots without warning , my brother uses the pc quite frequently on the 32 bit so will have to wait to see if the Linux 64 bit will work.

Oct 16, 2018
I've tried installing windows 8.1 64 bit but gets between 3 or 12 percents and restarts again , I tried to install linux 64 bit with no luck .

GA-78LMT-USB3
AMD FX 4170 Processor
8gb corsair vengance LP
Arctic Freezer 13 cpu Cooler
Arctic F12 Pro case fan
Ace 700 Watts ATX PSU