[SOLVED] Problem installing zotac 3070, PC not recognizing the card.

Nov 1, 2020
I just got the zotac 3070, thats gonna replace my MSI 2080 RTX card, but i cant get it to work for some reason.

Specs:
I7 9700
Corsair SFX 600w gold
32 GB LPX 3200mhz ram
Asus Z390 i-gaming wifi
1 TB SSD
Asetek 645LT (CPU cooler)

Using custom unsleeved cables in a DAN A4 Case.

I have plugged the wide cable from the motherboard correctly. Im not sure about the power though. I had a 6+8 pin connected to the 2080. So i just used the included extention/converter cable that came with the 3070, on one of the cables coming from the PSU. So that i could connect 2x8 pin in the GPU.

The GPU lights up (the logo) when i boot up the PC, but the fans are not spinning (meaning they are not getting enough power?) and my monitor does not get any signal from HDMI or DP when hooked up.

Tried restarting both many times. Could it be 600w is not even enough to power it up? Or am i using the added extention cables wrong? do i need to change output from the PSU?` or anything else i could do?

Any tips or help is very much appriciated.

Solution
The card has a zero fan feature where the fans only spin if a decent temperature is reached.

Reset the BIOS by jumper,

only connect one video cable to the 3070 and not the motherboard

Use the original cable, which was delivered with the power supply o power the 3070 (no adapter, just the two 6+2pin cables)
The card has a zero fan feature where the fans only spin if a decent temperature is reached.

Use the original cable, which was delivered with the power supply o power the 3070 (no adapter, just the two 6+2pin cables)

Solution
Nov 1, 2020

Thanks! The problem was actually just the cables, the GPU wasnt working because it needs two full 8 pin cable from the PSU rather than the 8 pin and 6 pin that I had. Simple solution is usually the right one, thanks again :)

Reactions: helpstar