Question Problem loading bios

Nov 11, 2019
Z97a
2x8gb 2400 corsair

Alright...
Yesterday I did something stupid in AIsuite, I increased the CPU strap frequency from 100 to 125, computer rebooted and I got the message ”no physical ram detected to boot into Windows boot helper” or something like that. After another reset I could boot into safe mode if I wanted to but I decided to try to reach bios instead, after trying 3-4 times I got a message saying I should visit a repair shop or something.

Couple more resets later I got the same message as the first time, and I just kept trying get into the bios because that has worked fine before with similar problems. Decided to take out a ram stick and see what would happen. I think this is when the dram led sent on.

Big mistake, got a similar again telling me something is corrupt and I should get it repaired. Few more resets in it wouldn’t post at all and that where we are now. Tried switching ram slots back and forward, tried reseting cmos, taking the battery out and doing this process about 20 times with only 1 ram stick, 2 ram sticks, 1 ram stick in different slot, 2 ram sticks in different slots + pressning memok button and so on... Did

Now I get a red dram led when I boot it with or without ram and im completely stuck.

Qs: Can ram be broken without me increasing voltage?

Can ram slot be broken?

Can motherboard be broken?

Im on my iPhone so sorry about sloppy grammar etc.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Nov 11, 2019
Z97a
2x8gb 2400 corsair

Alright...
Yesterday I did something stupid in AIsuite, I increased the CPU strap frequency from 100 to 125, computer rebooted and I got the message ”no physical ram detected to boot into Windows boot helper” or something like that. After another reset I could boot into safe mode if I wanted to but I decided to try to reach bios instead, after trying 3-4 times I got a message saying I should visit a repair shop or something.

Couple more resets later I got the same message as the first time, and I just kept trying get into the bios because that has worked fine before with similar problems. Decided to take out a ram stick and see what would happen. I think this is when the dram led sent on.

Big mistake, got a similar msg again telling me something is corrupt and I should get it repaired. Few more resets in it wouldn’t post at all and that where we are now. Tried switching ram slots back and forward, tried reseting cmos, taking the battery out and doing this process about 20 times with only 1 ram stick, 2 ram sticks, 1 ram stick in different slot, 2 ram sticks in different slots + pressning memok button and so on...

Now I get a red dram led when I boot it with or without ram and im completely stuck. Also not really sure which order all this happened in because I wasn’t too worried until it just stopped posting.

Qs: Can ram be broken without me increasing voltage?

Can ram slot be broken?

Can motherboard be broken?

Im on my iPhone so sorry about sloppy grammar etc.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS