Problem on boot with post code A2 and a black screen on a ASRock Z270 Gaming K6.

najinmurad2005

Prominent
Apr 15, 2018
Problem on boot with post code A2 and a black screen. I got this motherboard installed yesterday and it worked flawless, i7 7700k, Crucial M.2 SSD. I had a problem with turning on the BIOS all of a sudden, then it showed postcode A6. So I reset the BIOS by taking out the BIOS battery. Now it say A2 with a black screen. I built this computer less than a year ago but installed a new motherboard (yes I reset the drive before installing Windows.) I confirmed the all the components except the motherboard and the SDD are working properly. Is it something I downloaded? I paid a lot for this computer! Please, HELP!

UPDATE: It has boot to windows after turning off the power supply and turning it back on after 20 minuets. But still has A6 error when going to BIOS.

The A2 and A6 debug codes indicate the problem is with your SSD. Do you only have 1 drive in your system?

Dr. Debug codes A0 to A7
Problem related to IDE or SATA devices. Please re-install
IDE and SATA devices. If the problem still exists, please
clear CMOS and try removing all SATA devices.

najinmurad2005

Prominent
Apr 15, 2018

Thank you for a quick response. I have no SATA devices, I have an m.2 SSD and that is the only drive. I already tried to clear CMOS, but nothing happened.