Question Problem on GA78LMT-USB3 Rev 6.0

Dec 7, 2019
i got problem on my motherboard.

my monitor does not display anything, how i can fix this, iam so confused.

when I put ATX 12v i cant restart with power button, when i remove ATX 12v it can shutdown via button.

i already unplug and plug any component

RAM,HDD,PSU

still not working

4745454b

Titan
What are the full system specs? Please include PSU and CPU. Going from memory that's a very bad/old board.

I'm also not sure what your issue is. Your trying to get it to boot? Sounds like you have a bad PSU that also needs to be upgraded.

Dec 7, 2019
What are the full system specs? Please include PSU and CPU. Going from memory that's a very bad/old board.

I'm also not sure what your issue is. Your trying to get it to boot? Sounds like you have a bad PSU that also needs to be upgraded.
the issue is i can't get to boot.
would the psu is bad??
my cpu fan also spinning normally

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
dkm-7d52a-a4gp cpu

I believe that's the part number of a cooler.

You likely have an FX something. FX 6300, FX 8350, FX 4100, etc.

Also, what about GPU? Or are you using the basic integrated graphics on the motherboard?

It's quite possible the PSU is simply dead, because it's a PSU of extremely poor quality.

https://www.hardwareinsights.com/simbadda-sb-380w-power-supply-review/4/

Pros
  • Good voltage regulation
Cons
  • Can’t deliver anything with the ripple in spec (−10)
  • Low quality capacitors
  • Low quality fan
  • Two-transistor 5vsb
  • Inadequate input filtering
  • Soldering could be better
  • Failed under 320W Load
  • Inefficient
  • Ugly
Final comments: This would have to be one of the worst power supplies I have ever tested. The ripple was way too high, it failed well below its rating, and the build quality is absolutely appalling. These cheap power supplies should be avoided at all costs.

Dec 7, 2019
dkm-7d52a-a4gp cpu

I believe that's the part number of a cooler.

You likely have an FX something. FX 6300, FX 8350, FX 4100, etc.

Also, what about GPU? Or are you using the basic integrated graphics on the motherboard?

It's quite possible the PSU is simply dead, because it's a PSU of extremely poor quality.

https://www.hardwareinsights.com/simbadda-sb-380w-power-supply-review/4/
i use AMD phenom II X3 720
iam not use any graphic card

seem's its psu problem's right?
can you please tell me what the right psu i must bought for my motherboard?

4745454b

Titan
You have a number of issues. First, the AMD phenom II X3 720 doesn't have an IGP, so you need to be using a dedicated card to see anything. Second, that PSU is garbage. It needs to be replaced before it kills either your PC or house. I didn't look it up but if you are having issues getting it to boot I'm not sure it even has the plugs needed to run that board. Get a real PSU and a video card.

Reactions: Dark Lord of Tech

neojack

Honorable
Apr 4, 2019
I may complete the information here.

• On those old motherboards, a basic GPU was included into the Northbridge. So you don't need a graphics card.
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-78LMT-USB3-rev-60#ov

• About the PSU : it's probably dead, even if the fan is spinning, it's does not mean that the current given to the motherboard is of good enough quality to allow a proprer boot.
    At this point you can just try to change it, and hope the PSU didn't already killed the motherboard and/or the CPU and/or the ram
Poor and failling PSUs like this can have a fire risk.
do not try to boot your PC again until you PSU is changed. after removing the PSU, cut the cables so no one would be tempted to reuse it and put it to e-waste recycling.

good low price PSUs are :
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/3F...onze-certified-atx-power-supply-cp-9020122-na

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/3hkwrH/corsair-power-supply-cp9020102na

Before you ask, no there is no PSU worth buying cheaper than those (around 70$US )

4745454b

Titan
only that it's not completely dead.

So you are saying there is a difference between mostly dead and completely or all dead? Guess we better not start going through his pockets. (sorry, I had to. Love that movie.)

Duh. I knew it had the 760G chipset. Why did I forget what the G stands for? I'd still try a new PSU. I'm not sure the one he's using has all the plugs needed.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
So you are saying there is a difference between mostly dead and completely or all dead? Guess we better not start going through his pockets. (sorry, I had to. Love that movie.)

Duh. I knew it had the 760G chipset. Why did I forget what the G stands for? I'd still try a new PSU. I'm not sure the one he's using has all the plugs needed.

It's been more than a decade since the chipset was released, no? It's easy to forget since you don't really see new motherboards with their own graphics solution. Also, PTSD from the FX generation.

Dec 7, 2019
This. That motherboard has the AMD 760G chip set which includes AMD integrated graphics.

The easiest component for you to check is going to be the power supply, so if you can replace that and test with a friend's PSU?

-Wolf sends
I already try with my friends PSU and still does not work.
When i find out my cpu fan is immediately spin after i turn on. and no display anymore.
that's not normal as i thought.

Dec 7, 2019
beside that if normal pc is not immediately spinning.
it have delay about 2-3 sec, and then spinning

i thought this was the problem.
if have any answer please let me know. thanks

Wolfshadw

Titan
I already try with my friends PSU and still does not work.
When i find out my cpu fan is immediately spin after i turn on. and no display anymore.
that's not normal as i thought.

I know you said you tried removing the RAM but try it again. This time, remove all RAM modules but one. Install it in the SECOND RAM slot closest to the CPU. Does your system boot up now?

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
When testing with yours and your friend's power supply, you did have power connections to both ports as highlighted in the image below?
When you tested with a single RAM module, you also had it installed in just the highlighted RAM slot?

Does your power supply have a 4-pin ATX 12V power connector or is it 4+4-pin (8-pin). This is the cable that connects to the motherboard's top left power port. If it's only a 4-pin, it needs to be connected to the top four pinouts of the port.

wRNRhFz.jpg

Have you tested your monitor with another computer to make sure it's still working properly?

If you can answer yes to all of the above (and if not, then retest to these specs), then I'd say you have either a faulty motherboard or your CPU has died and it's time to replace the unit.

-Wolf sends

Dec 7, 2019
When testing with yours and your friend's power supply, you did have power connections to both ports as highlighted in the image below?
When you tested with a single RAM module, you also had it installed in just the highlighted RAM slot?

Does your power supply have a 4-pin ATX 12V power connector or is it 4+4-pin (8-pin). This is the cable that connects to the motherboard's top left power port. If it's only a 4-pin, it needs to be connected to the top four pinouts of the port.

wRNRhFz.jpg

Have you tested your monitor with another computer to make sure it's still working properly?

If you can answer yes to all of the above (and if not, then retest to these specs), then I'd say you have either a faulty motherboard or your CPU has died and it's time to replace the unit.

-Wolf sends
whats image?
i already doing what you said, now my cpu fan spinning slowly and still no display