Question Problem Opening Games

Hi all,

I have issues when I am opening games on my PC. Whether it is on Steam, Battle.net, or Epic Games - whenever I open a game, it will first load indefinitely until I am forced to force-quit the app, and then reopen the game again. The second time will work.

Another issue is that whenever a game decides to load up, anything that's running on my 2nd and 3rd monitor will freeze up for the duration of the load (whether it is launching a game or even loading a map in-game).

I have tried reinstalling steam client + games on my NVMe and my 2 HDDs but the problem still persists. I've also noticed that whenever the game does open, my entire PC will freeze for several seconds while the app launches, and then everything else will continue as normal (note: this has never led to a full PC freeze or BSOD).

Do you think my motherboard may be defective since I am quite confident the drives are not? Unless all 3 of my drives happen to all be defective?

edit: I've also tried reinstalling Windows as well.

Last edited:

thomas123321

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2013
Hi all,

I have issues when I am opening games on my PC. Whether it is on Steam, Battle.net, or Epic Games - whenever I open a game, it will first load indefinitely until I am forced to force-quit the app, and then reopen the game again. The second time will work.

I have tried reinstalling steam client + games on my NVMe and my 2 HDDs but the problem still persists. I've also noticed that whenever the game does open, my entire PC will freeze for several seconds while the app launches, and then everything else will continue as normal (note: this has never led to a full PC freeze or BSOD).

Do you think my motherboard may be defective since I am quite confident the drives are not? Unless all 3 of my drives happen to all be defective?
have you tried resetting windows?