Question Problem OverClocking Ram

Dragon155

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2016
Hi All,
I recently purchased G.skill tridentZ RGB memory (2x16gb@3600) and I for the life of me cannot get it to stay stable at its stock timings 18-22-22-42 @1.35v. I’ve tried bumping voltage as high as 1.45 but I cannot seem to get it stable. Tried enabling XMP and it immediately was giving me windows blue screens telling me I needed to reinstall windows because it could not find an important file. My question is there any timings that I should try? I’ve tried variations in every direction by + or - 1, and nothing has changed. Any help is appreciated!

Edit: at stock timings and 1.45v I can get it to boot into windows, but if I run Aida64 memory test it crashes, as well as any games I launch.

Hi All,
I recently purchased G.skill tridentZ RGB memory (2x16gb@3600) and I for the life of me cannot get it to stay stable at its stock timings 18-22-22-42 @1.35v. I’ve tried bumping voltage as high as 1.45 but I cannot seem to get it stable. Tried enabling XMP and it immediately was giving me windows blue screens telling me I needed to reinstall windows because it could not find an important file. My question is there any timings that I should try? I’ve tried variations in every direction by + or - 1, and nothing has changed. Any help is appreciated!

Edit: at stock timings and 1.45v I can get it to boot into windows, but if I run Aida64 memory test it crashes, as well as any games I launch.
Memory OC is also very much related to MB, BIOS and CPU, so without knowing that......

Reactions: drivinfast247