Problem please help

phdnugget

Commendable
Aug 2, 2016
So I wanted to download an emulator game and it automatically installed it to my C: drive which barely has any space on it so i looked up how to change default installation location because i wanted to change it to my D: drive. I found this article

( http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-1792156/secondary-harddrive-question.html )

did what it said and restarted my PC. Now I basically cant open any of my programs because they changed location, I can't open regedit to change it back to before and it wont let me go to advanced settings under control panel to use a restore point. I have no idea what to do please help. I use Windows 8.1 if that helps.

Solution
Yikes, you should have read that thread further as that regedit setting is actually a really bad idea. In fact I'm going to go in and change that (as a moderator) so nobody else ends up in your situation. Can you do windows find to try and find regedit?

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Yikes, you should have read that thread further as that regedit setting is actually a really bad idea. In fact I'm going to go in and change that (as a moderator) so nobody else ends up in your situation. Can you do windows find to try and find regedit?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS