jmur

Honorable
Mar 17, 2012
Hello all,

Im not exactly sure if this is the right category as it involves multiple components.

About 2 weeks ago I shut down my PC and when I went to restart the only thing that turned on were the fans. No mouse/keyboard, no NIC light, no monitor. Figuring it was the motherboard that went I went ahead and purchased a new one. I replaced it today only to find out that the same thing is happening. Now I am stumped as to whats wrong. Could the CPU be the culprit here? I have tried a different power supply thinking that mine wasnt delivering all of its power, but that was a no-go. Any help would be great. Thanks!

My Pc set-up is a

Gateway DX4200-UB001A
6GB Ram
AMD Phenom 9550 Quad Core Processor
ATI Radeon HD 3450 256 MB Video Card

flarenial

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2012
if you have tried a new motherboard and psu, i would guess its the processor. but im not entirely sure on this so wait for someone with more knowledge :) i had a similar problem when i first started ocing, and i wasted a good chunk of money on a processor that wasnt broken, mine was the motherboard

jmur

Honorable
Mar 17, 2012
im guessing its the processor too...im just baffled that it would just die like that out of the blue. there was nothing wrong with my system leading up to that - at least that i noticed.