AlexS

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011
Hi

Please check my specs:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MvCHvn

And check this photo:

IMG_20190912_145017.jpg

You will see at the back of my photo above that my Z390 Designare motherboard requires a 4 pin and 8 pin socket to be plugged into it.

You will see in my hand that I have two leads, and each lead has a pair of connectors (total 4 connectors in my hand). Each connector is 4 pin.

Can I plug 3 of these connectors into the motherboard (other end goes into a Corsair AX860 CPU)?

Or do I need to go out and buy another lead from Corsair?

Very confused indeed!

Many Thanks

Alex

WildCard999

Titan
Thanks.
It's impossible to plug this in wrong isn't it?
(Unless I force something)..

Appreciated!
I usually route those cables behind the motherboard on the other side of the case (if room permits) coming out of the top then plugging them in. They sometimes can take a bit of force but if needed you may have to unscrew the motherboard from the case to make it easier.

Having the side fan and that large CPU cooler is going to make it a bit difficult to get those plugged in.

AlexS

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011
Brilliant thx. Another thing..

This is just my paranoid personality..
This is PCI-E power for the display adapter.
6 pin plus 2 pin plugged into 8 pin socket, see photo on right. This looks good?

IMG_20190912_160003.jpg

Thx

AlexS

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011
Ok last question ( I hope). See my last picture, I plugged that lead from the display adapter straight into my PSU.

Now I've just noticed a "PEG" socket on my motherboard, now do I need to plug this into the PSU?

I'm thinking probably not as I only have one external display card, if I had two cards then maybe. Am I right?

Thanks!

WildCard999

Titan
Ok last question ( I hope). See my last picture, I plugged that lead from the display adapter straight into my PSU.

Now I've just noticed a "PEG" socket on my motherboard, now do I need to plug this into the PSU?

I'm thinking probably not as I only have one external display card, if I had two cards then maybe. Am I right?

Thanks!
I don't know exactly which socket your referring to, could you please take a pic of it?

Or at least circle it.

AlexS

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011
Anybody know the specifics of this
"PEG (PCIe Power Connector)" other than what is in the manual please let me know!

I have it unplugged for now, not overclocking or anything .. all is good.