Question Problem Quadro 2000 and DP -> HDMI

GeorgiaOverdrive

Distinguished
May 30, 2014
I bought a used computer with an nVidia Quadro 2000, which has two Display Ports. Either DP works going to VGA but neither works going to HDMI. I updated the driver. I tried two DP -> HDMI cables. I tested the cables on another computer with DP. I told it to detect multiple displays, but it said that it find any others.

I don't know what else to try to get it to work. Any ideas?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
DP to VGA is going to be an active adapter. Taking the digital signal in and converting it to analog.

Display Port to HDMI is more or less a form factor change, so I'm not sure what trouble you are having there. What are you plugging it into?

2560x1600@60hz max supported resolution
Only two digital outputs supported at a time.

1×DL-DVI-I, 2× DP 1.1a, HDMI 1.3a (via adapter)[89]

So, with an adapted cable you should be able to do DP to HDMI 1.3a, if your device requires HDMI 1.4 or 2.0 to operate it may not work. That or you need to invest in an active adapter for DP to HDMI in this situation as well.

Quadro 2000 is a Fermi based GF106GL GPU

Last edited:

GeorgiaOverdrive

Distinguished
May 30, 2014
It is going into an LG monitor that is a few months old, and the HDMI input is working on it. Perhaps it is a problem with the graphics card, which came in a refurbished computer. DP -> VGA works on it but DP -> HDMI doesn't.