Problem recording more than 6 simulatenous tracks in Cubas..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi,

This machine should be posted to a Cubase forum but there seems to be
more activity/better knowledge here ;)

I just recently invested in a 2nd hand copy of Cubase VST as I have the
Maxi Studio ISIS which I use for turning 8 tracks recorded on my
portable Yamaha MD8 into 8 tracks on my not-so portable PC. Anyone who
knows the ISIS will know it works in Win 9x only, so I can't use Cubase
SX, which I am a bit more comfortable with. I usually used the software
that shipped with the card (Logic Audio ISIS edt.) although I hate the
software and it is prone to fail a lot (a lot like the card itself)
After a rebuild I've realised I've lost the install discs in any case.

So I've took on Cubase VST5 and I use Cubase SX in XP and thought it
would be the best bet. i rememeber using CubaseVST in the past, it
really is a horrible piece of software compared to SX :) So anyone
eventually figured out how to activate all 8 input tracks, and how to
setup Multirecord. My problem is that it only seems to allow me to mark
a maximum of 6 tracks for recording. I really need to do all 8 live. Is
there something I'm missing? Can't find much when I RTFM....thanks!

Reinstalled the drivers for my card and it sorted this problem..I was
dreading it was maybe restricted to 6 tracks max .... doh!