Question Problem regarding ping

Jul 17, 2019
i live in pakistan, and i usually play csgo, so basically i get around 160 ms on Dxb (Dubai) servers, while i should be getting under 100.
on speedtest.net i checked my ping on dubai (etisalat) and got 37 ms ping. my friends live in the same city , one of them has a 4mb internet connection from the same isp as me and he gets around 50 to 40 ping, while i have a 15 mb connection (same isp, PTCL) and i dont know the problem. im not good at internet stuff and i find it very confusing. if there is any information that is needed to fix my problem ill try my best to find it. Ive been trying to find out where the problem is coming from, the internet, my pc or anything else, but i couldn't find out. i get very high ping and if anyone could help me id appreciate it.

Thanks

OK, very simple first step troubleshooting, u must discount everything that's local to you.

So if you are going PC ---> WIFI ---> Router/Modem ---> ISP

Your WIFI is affecting your result. You should hook up directly, via a cable:

PC ---> Router Modem ----> ISP.

And test again.

If still bad, either you have local congestion, what are the other people in the house doing? u have some control over this, OR you are the only one online, in which case there is nothing to do but complaint to your ISP.

Jul 17, 2019
OK, very simple first step troubleshooting, u must discount everything that's local to you.

And test again.

If still bad, either you have local congestion, what are the other people in the house doing? u have some control over this, OR you are the only one online, in which case there is nothing to do but complaint to your i

And test again.

If still bad, either you have local congestion, what are the other people in the house doing? u have some control over this, OR you are the only one online, in which case there is nothing to do but complaint to your ISP.
Im always using an ethernet cable, and the only other person using the internet is my sister, and even when shes not using the internet, im having the same issue.

I could call the isp but i dont know what i should say, i just want to know the problem first.

Thanks

I could call the isp but i dont know what i should say, i just want to know the problem first
Ya sure u wanna know what the problem. I DON'T EVEN KNOW, and I've been doing this for years. No business is going to tell you exactly what's inside their walls, all we can do is guess, and what the likelihood they will do something.

Take a stab to 1 guess: inside the ISP walls, there are switches, not unlike our home switch but much more powerful, dealing with more, a lot more users, the switch they put you on maybe over-subscribed, too many people dude, but they won't tell you. Now the likelihood they may do something. ISP only cares that you are not completely dead, too much latency? meh. Frankly only gamers notice such thing, plain old surfer, most people, don't care and don't complaint, so unless ISP gets lots of complaint, they are most likely not do anything, but hey 1 complaint is better than no complaint right.

So just tell them what posted at first. Am getting 160 ms latency consistently, ALL SITES (I hope this true because if only your gaming site, the more reason they are going to ignore you), and making my Internet experience unbearable.

Last edited: