Question Problem Rx580s

May 31, 2023
What can i do to fix my xfx 580 gts and i have vram problem on other one coling problem powerclolor 580 oc and vram is very hot and image is sometimes going dark and coming back?
How can I cool my rx 580? and How can i fix my rx 580 gts i bought it for 20€ and now trying to fix it I' ll ask seller later now is 3 am.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
My first guess would be to disassemble the one with cooling issues, check the paste and thermal pads.

The one with VRAM issue is likely toast. You could try some off the wall heat gun/baking things to see if it helps, but most commonly that turns into a junk card one way or the other.

Given the age of the 580 these cards could easily have been part of two mining crazes. Did you purchase used or...?

May 31, 2023
My first guess would be to disassemble the one with cooling issues, check the paste and thermal pads.

The one with VRAM issue is likely toast. You could try some off the wall heat gun/baking things to see if it helps, but most commonly that turns into a junk card one way or the other.

Given the age of the 580 these cards could easily have been part of two mining crazes. Did you purchase used or...?
Purchase them used one of my first cards before and after great era of shortage.Last gpu that i had i overclocked it so much that 4090 would output less heat and blow the card up now i will try to look for furnace whit termometar or just buy heat gun will see my last gpu was experimental sample of amd the hd 4650 I was able to play gta 5 on 75 fps.Thank you for responece but what can be problem on oil like termal pads.And what cooling issues like overheating.