Problem to empty recycle bin

Hi,

I have a problem to empty the recycle bin in windows nt 4.0 server.
When i execute the command to empty the recycle bin, I have a message like
this "cannot delete DE37: access is denied".

I have 1.5GB space occuped in recycle bin and i can´t delete it.

Regards,

Rafael

Cad2 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem to empty the recycle bin in windows nt 4.0 server.
> When i execute the command to empty the recycle bin, I have a message like
> this "cannot delete DE37: access is denied".
>
> I have 1.5GB space occuped in recycle bin and i can´t delete it.
>
> Regards,
>
> Rafael

I used to run into that frequently and I always ended up
just going to a command prompt and deleting the recycle bin
folder.

S'matter of fact, I just used a simple batch file to do
them all. Something like:
for %%n in (C D E F G H Z) do rd /s /q %%n\recycler
With a link to said batch file on my start menu.

Rob Stow wrote:

> Cad2 wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a problem to empty the recycle bin in windows nt 4.0 server.
>> When i execute the command to empty the recycle bin, I have a message
>> like
>> this "cannot delete DE37: access is denied".
>>
>> I have 1.5GB space occuped in recycle bin and i can´t delete it.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Rafael
>>

> I used to run into that frequently and I always ended up
> just going to a command prompt and deleting the recycle bin
> folder.
>
> S'matter of fact, I just used a simple batch file to do
> them all. Something like:
> for %%n in (C D E F G H Z) do rd /s /q %%n\recycler
> With a link to said batch file on my start menu.

Oops ! Can you spot the missing colon too ?

lee

Rob Stow <rob.stow@sasktel.net> wrote in message news:<uzDM6LeaEHA.2364@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>...
> Rob Stow wrote:
>
> > Cad2 wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I have a problem to empty the recycle bin in windows nt 4.0 server.
> >> When i execute the command to empty the recycle bin, I have a message
> >> like
> >> this "cannot delete DE37: access is denied".
> >>
> >> I have 1.5GB space occuped in recycle bin and i can´t delete it.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> Rafael
> >>

> > I used to run into that frequently and I always ended up
> > just going to a command prompt and deleting the recycle bin
> > folder.
> >
> > S'matter of fact, I just used a simple batch file to do
> > them all. Something like:
> > for %%n in (C D E F G H Z) do rd /s /q %%n\recycler
> > With a link to said batch file on my start menu.
>
> Oops ! Can you spot the missing colon too ?

for %%n in (C D E F G H Z) do rd /s /q %%n:\recycle

what kind of prize do I get now?

Lee wrote:

> Rob Stow <rob.stow@sasktel.net> wrote in message news:<uzDM6LeaEHA.2364@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>...
>
>>Rob Stow wrote:

>>>I used to run into that frequently and I always ended up
>>>just going to a command prompt and deleting the recycle bin
>>>folder.
>>>
>>>S'matter of fact, I just used a simple batch file to do
>>>them all. Something like:
>>> for %%n in (C D E F G H Z) do rd /s /q %%n\recycler
>>>With a link to said batch file on my start menu.
>>
>>Oops ! Can you spot the missing colon too ?
>

> for %%n in (C D E F G H Z) do rd /s /q %%n:\recycle
>
> what kind of prize do I get now?

None. You cancelled it out by dropping the second "r"
from "%%n:\recycler" :)

lee

Rob Stow <rob.stow@sasktel.net> wrote in message news:<ur1MM1taEHA.3072@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>...
> Lee wrote:
>
> > Rob Stow <rob.stow@sasktel.net> wrote in message news:<uzDM6LeaEHA.2364@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>...

> >>Oops ! Can you spot the missing colon too ?
> >

> > for %%n in (C D E F G H Z) do rd /s /q %%n:\recycle
> >
> > what kind of prize do I get now?
>
> None. You cancelled it out by dropping the second "r"
> from "%%n:\recycler" :)

for %%n in (C D E F G H Z) do rd /s /q %%n:\recycled

Hey, I was just kidding! No fair. (and we are supposed to
be helping?)