• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

[SOLVED] Problem trying to shrink volume

realghostbuster

Prominent
Jan 18, 2019
Getting error message "there is not enough space on disk" when trying to shrink volume of C drive in Disk Management app?

I have a screenshot of the problem shown here: View: https://imgur.com/a/945qMrP

I have 241 GB of free space on my SSD C drive. I'm trying to partition 50 GB so that I can install Ubuntu onto it but it gives me the error message as shown in the screenshot that I've provided.

As a test I tried to partition a 1GB drive by shrinking a volume on my C drive and it worked fine.
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong in regards to partitioning the 50GB of space? Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS