Question Problem trying to update BIOS on MSI B550 Tomahawk

Buzzbrad

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2013
I just got a Ryzen 7 5800x and an MSI B550 Tomahawk. I am trying to install the BIOS [update] through flash USB. I plug the USB in, hit the button, it blinks slowly for about 5 seconds and then my motherboard turns on and it starts blinking faster. However, it does not stop blinking. It has been blinking for over 30 minutes now with no luck. The EZDebug CPU light is on throughout the whole process. I have tried 7C91vA4 and 7C91vA3, both have the constant blinking issue. Does anyone know why this would be happening? All I have plugged into my mobo is the power connectors.

I am using an 8gb USB. I have it formatted on Fat32 and MBR. I have tried resetting CMOS as well, no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Reactions: DilanPerez179
Nov 21, 2020
I just got a Ryzen 7 5800x and an MSI B550 Tomahawk. I am trying to install the BIOS [update] through flash USB. I plug the USB in, hit the button, it blinks slowly for about 5 seconds and then my motherboard turns on and it starts blinking faster. However, it does not stop blinking. It has been blinking for over 30 minutes now with no luck. The EZDebug CPU light is on throughout the whole process. I have tried 7C91vA4 and 7C91vA3, both have the constant blinking issue. Does anyone know why this would be happening? All I have plugged into my mobo is the power connectors.

I am using an 8gb USB. I have it formatted on Fat32 and MBR. I have tried resetting CMOS as well, no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'm having the exact same issue right now. Did you ever find a solution?