Question Problem using Bluetooth keyboard with my Raspberry Pi

Apr 27, 2019
Hi
I'm running a Texet Bluetooth keyboard with my Raspberry Pi 3 which 'Pairs' well with the computer. But one small problem is the key with the # symbol is on a key with 3 other symbols next to the right-hand shift key.

https://imageshack.com/a/img921/531/o8IH9B.png

The problem here is how to use the # symbol as this comes up often when using Raspberry Pi's terminal window. I expect its a combination of several keys to get the # symbol onto the screen, but I don't know what these are.

I'd be grateful if someone would tell me how this works. Oh, by the way, it's an English keyboard.

Apr 27, 2019
It may be an English keyboard but I don't think its English US? English UK maybe?
What does the option key do? Will, that get you to that symbol?
No, it doesn't, in fact, it doesn't do anything at all and the left hand 'option' key underlines the File Edit Tabs & Help. Strange.
Its definitely an English Keyboard, but even the Texet Manual doesn't tell you how to get the '#' key to operate.

Thanks anyway.

Apr 27, 2019
A quick reply as I've somewhat sorted this problem. Looking in the list of keyboards on the Raspi-config I changed the make to a Logitech board (anyone it doesn't matter) instead. When you want to use the # symbol just press FN +# key to get it up on the screen. It worked for me.

Thanks.