Question Problem waking up my computer from hibernation (Windows 7 32bit)

aor999

Honorable
Jun 28, 2017
Recently I have a problem, when waking up my computer from hibernation. When I hibernates my computer, it turns off after writing the memory content to the SSD, but when I wake it up, I get the following screen:
Problem-waking-up-my-computer-from-hibernation.jpg

Pressing Enter, resulting in starting Windows 7 from the beginning, with loss of data that was there before hibernating my computer.
Why this is happening?

Last edited:

WaltzWorker

Reputable
Mar 18, 2015
Hello,
I'm not that experienced with it and I seem to think that Win7 doesn't do a good job with it. Anyway - I'd recommend that you first disable it, and then enable it. HERE is a link for that. If that doesn't help then we'll need to continue. I'd guess that the hyberfil.sys file has been corrupted; and disabling and then re-enabling it should fix it. If not then maybe disable it as per the link but before you enable it again - presuming you have to restart the system after you disable it - so wait till it comes up again. At this point you should delete the hyberfil.sys file in the root directory of C: (IE: C:\hyberfil.sys). You may have 'access violation' issues, but then that's an entirely set of stuff.

aor999

Honorable
Jun 28, 2017
If the problem would be the CMOS battery, than all the BIOS settings would be deleted, and I would get an error message during a regular turning on of the computer than the BIOS setting has been reseted to their factory default.

TRENDING THREADS