Problem "WAN ip and LAN ip are in the same subnet"

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyturnred

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
Hi, I am trying to setup up a router and I am having difficulty. I am probably average when it comes to technology in case that saves you some paragraphs of explaining lol

So this is what I am trying to do:

I have about 8 wireless devices trying to connect to my network. But both of my routers have a max of 4 wireless connections, so I am trying to set them both up. I had them setup for a good 5 months or something like that with no problem. But now I wanted to be able to share files, printers, etc. My main router is a Linksys WRT-160N v3 running the dd-wrt firmware. This router is working just fine. It has the ip adress of 192.168.1.1. My second router (a dlink WBR 2310) has the ip adress of 192.168.0.1. In order to make them be able to communicate to each other properly, I am trying to change the ip adress of the second router to 192.168.1.2. But when I do that, it doesnt let me. it says that the WAN ip and the LAN ip are in the same subnet. Can anyone please help? Thanks so much in advance

I am also trying to set up two routers because neither has dualband capability, and I have ipod touches and phones connecting to the network and I dont want the speed to be decreased by the downgrade of the signal.

I haven't come across a router that puts a limit on wireless connections but try setting one Subnet to 255.255.255.0 and the other to 255.255.0.0

G

Wrong! Disable DHCP on the D-Link, change the IP Address to 192.168.1.2 and connect the cable from the Linksys to a LAN port on the D-Link.

hulkbuster

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
Hi, I am trying to setup up a router and I am having difficulty. I am probably average when it comes to technology in case that saves you some paragraphs of explaining lol

So this is what I am trying to do:

I have about 8 wireless devices trying to connect to my network. But both of my routers have a max of 4 wireless connections, so I am trying to set them both up. I had them setup for a good 5 months or something like that with no problem. But now I wanted to be able to share files, printers, etc. My main router is a Linksys WRT-160N v3 running the dd-wrt firmware. This router is working just fine. It has the ip adress of 192.168.1.1. My second router (a dlink WBR 2310) has the ip adress of 192.168.0.1. In order to make them be able to communicate to each other properly, I am trying to change the ip adress of the second router to 192.168.1.2. But when I do that, it doesnt let me. it says that the WAN ip and the LAN ip are in the same subnet. Can anyone please help? Thanks so much in advance

I am also trying to set up two routers because neither has dualband capability, and I have ipod touches and phones connecting to the network and I dont want the speed to be decreased by the downgrade of the signal.
Did u fix it, i am getting the same problem. But with different setup.
I want to connect my office Internet to my home SmartTV and getting the same results.

Status
Not open for further replies.