Problem watching downloaded video on LCD (HDMI output)

nuprin

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
Ok, I finally added the BFG GeForce 210 video card as a second video card (to go along with my NVIDIA Quadro NVS 285). The Quadro is running my two 20" HP 1955 monitors through a DMS-59 connector split to dual VGAs (which is how it was running before I added the new card). The BFG 210 is using the HDMI output to a 32" Sharp LCD. Everything seems to be working absolutely fine, except for one problem.

I cannot watch downloaded video from the HDMI to LCD connection. If I have a movie/tv show on one of my monitors and "move" the window to the LCD the video feed freezes up, although the audio is still playing. I've tried starting the video feed directly on the LCD, but I only get a blank screen with audio. I've tried different video players (VLC, Media Player, Quicktime) and all get the same results. However, I don't have this problem if I'm streaming video from a web browser. I can be watching Hulu on my monitor and "move" the window to the LCD without the video feed freezing up on me.

To troubleshoot, I tried disabling the Quadro NVS video card, and of course that worked. I can "move" movies/tv shows that are downloaded to my LCD without any issues. However, now my problem is I can only have two of my three monitors/LCD working at a time.

So I'm stuck and don't know what to do. I'm all for using just the BFG 210 video card if anyone can tell me how I can get 3 displays from it, but from what I've researched/read you can only get two at a time. I'm also ok with using both video cards, but I need some help figuring out why my video stops working when I move it to my LCD (HDMI output).

So is there a conflict between the two video cards? Is it possibly my PC?

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I'm willing to try anything.

sabot00

Distinguished
May 4, 2008
Definitely a software issue, as streaming video from websites works.

I would download Ubuntu OS's .iso (CD image), burn a CD, live boot off of the CD, and then installing VLC from their repositories.
If the download videos (Ubuntu includes a NTSC read/write) play in VLC like that then it's a Windows related issue.