problem when i playing on my new GPU

mohamedddo

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2013
today i bought a new GPU MSI R9 270 with I5 4440 3.1
and 4 g ram and i use 18.5 inch screen Samsung and i use the PSU of the case cooler master k380+ 500w PSU

and when i play any game i feel like i see very Simple lines shaking only when i playing
please help me

Matthew-san

Reputable
Feb 25, 2014
That could be screen-tearing that you're seeing. I'm not expert on why screen-tearing happens but I believe it can happen when your GPU is displaying more frames per second then your monitor can handle. Or when your GPU is producing low frames per second then you could see screen-tearing. If you go to video settings in your games then you should be able to enable something called V-sync which should eliminate the screen-tearing. I'm not even sure what you're seeing is screen-tearing but it's a pretty common thing to see in pc gaming so I thought I'd throw it out there.

AnthonyStew

Honorable
May 1, 2014
Like Matthew said, it is probably screen tearing. VSYNC enabled can prevent this happening, but at the cost of FPS loss.

There are a few things you should check. Firstly, you should make sure you have the current AMD R9 200x series driver here: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool

Secondly, try this:

1. Go to Catalyst Control Center and go to Desktop Management.
2. Make sure the screen is refreshing at 60hz.
3. If your Monitor supports rates higher than 60hz, set it to 70hz or 75hz. This almost always fixes screen tearing and flickering issues.

Also, the windows 7 AERO scheme currently has bugs which can cause screen tearing and flickering.
By right clicking the desktop and going to personalize, select "Windows Basic" as your scheme.

Matthew-san

Reputable
Feb 25, 2014
V-sync usually costs me an average anywhere between 10-20 fps depending on the game and how well it's been optimized. Screen-tearing bothers some people more than others and I happen to be bothered by it quite a bit. There are actually a few ways to eliminate screen-tearing without turning on the V-sync and losing an exorbitant amount of fps.

The best way I've found is to go to your video settings and change your display from full-screen to borderless and that should get rid of all your screen-tearing without the loss of any performance. Although there will be a small bar going across the top of the screen. It's not much a price to pay since you'll be ridding yourself of all those annoying lines on your screen without any performance loss.

Secondly, you can turn your graphics settings to a higher level (if it's not already on max) in order to drop your fps down under the maximum refresh rate of your monitor. SO say you were getting an average of 70 fps on a game at high settings on a 60Hz (refresh rate = fps that can be shown) then you would have screen-tearing. You can get the fps down by putting your game on ultra settings that way it would no longer run at 70 fps and instead run at 50 or 60 fps instead. You may occasionally still see some screen-tearing when your fps count rises higher than your monitor's refresh rate but it won't be nearly as often if ever.

Hope this helps a bit :)

Matthew-san

Reputable
Feb 25, 2014
IS that the only game you see those lines on? I'll look into it more in-depth and see if I can find if anyone else has this problem. I still think it could be screen tearing though.

What you can do is what I suggested doing earlier and go to options (or it could be called settings), click on video settings (could be called display), and change the display option to borderless instead of full-screen and if that doesn't work then try playing BF4 on Ultra settings.