Problem when trying to install win 10 64 bit on HDD

Solution
its been a long time since i looked in a bios like yours so its possible its okay, I mean, if you can run diskpart on it, it must be. Its likely your drive appears in the boot tab, it just seems odd it doesn't show on main page

TheStagGamer

Distinguished
BANNED
Feb 17, 2016

Hard drive is 500gb and I have formatted it using the windows tool you can see in the picture on my twitter
As for the BIOS I am unsure as it's not mine. Is there anyway I can check?
Some pictures of the BIOS in case it's recognisable: https://twitter.com/KieranTidmarsh/status/763809959939280897

TheStagGamer

Distinguished
BANNED
Feb 17, 2016

Trying that now I'll get back to you

TheStagGamer

Distinguished
BANNED
Feb 17, 2016

When doing step 13 when I click on "next" on "drive 1 unallocated space" I have the message appear saying "we couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one. For more information, see the setup log files."

BTW before I click on next it tells me the same message that "windows can't be installed on this drive" and again "Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu."

TheStagGamer

Distinguished
BANNED
Feb 17, 2016

Done that step and deleted partitions and even tried creating new ones to install it onto but still have the message of "windows can't be installed on this drive ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu."

Colif

Win 11 Master
is this an IDE or SATA drive? your hdd isn't showing in the boot order, just the CDRW drive

which doesn't make sense as its appearing in the installer...

try am different socket on motherboard, the hdd should show up in the bios. Sata 1-6 should have a drive listed against it.

TheStagGamer

Distinguished
BANNED
Feb 17, 2016

I believe a sata drive as i'm using a SATA cable to connect to the motherboard.

Just testing the installation after doing:
Choose “Repair” then go to the advanced tools and start the command line.

Start DISKPART.

Type LIST DISK and identify your SSD disk number (from 0 to n disks).

Type SELECT DISK <n> where <n> is your SSD disk number.

Type CLEAN

Type CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY

Type ACTIVE

Type FORMAT FS=NTFS QUICK

Type ASSIGN

Type EXIT twice (one to get out of DiskPart, the other to exit the command line tool)

Colif

Win 11 Master
its been a long time since i looked in a bios like yours so its possible its okay, I mean, if you can run diskpart on it, it must be. Its likely your drive appears in the boot tab, it just seems odd it doesn't show on main page

Solution

TheStagGamer

Distinguished
BANNED
Feb 17, 2016

Can confirm that those steps work. Thanks for your help.