Question Problem while booting PC

kumarayush2104

Reputable
Jun 9, 2018
Here is my build:-
intel core2duo E8400
4gb ddr3 ram
320gb sata hdd

when i start my pc for the first time in a day, it takes around 30-40 secs to recognize the hard disk and it says insert a bootable device after reboot it recognizes the hard disk, and the problem doesnt exist for the rest of the day, but next day i am facing same issue, is there any solution ?

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of the PSU in your build? How old is the PSU in said system? You will very likely need to replace the PSU in your system with a reliably built unit, since the HDD not being found can be attributed to either a failing HDD, a failing PSU or a faulty port or cable for the SATA device.

kumarayush2104

Reputable
Jun 9, 2018
Make and model of the PSU in your build? How old is the PSU in said system? You will very likely need to replace the PSU in your system with a reliably built unit, since the HDD not being found can be attributed to either a failing HDD, a failing PSU or a faulty port or cable for the SATA device.

Are you sure that its a failing PSU ? Because this happens once a day only, after that it recognizes right away, but next day same problem.

WD diag tool says hard disk very good., port is fine like i have 4 sata port same problem in each of them and same goes to the cable. So only PSU left for testing.