Question Problem Wireless repeater

Raskon

Prominent
Apr 8, 2019
I received a WiFi repeater and after I had completed the setup: my main router has IP 192.168.0.1 , while Wifi repeater 192.168.0.254. I had completed the setup everything its OK, but when I connect with Wifi Repeater is very slow internet, simple example when I write whatsapp don't arrived in time.How to fix this problem

Main Router: Technicolor - IP: 192.168.0.1 - 2.4 GHz - CHANNEL 11

Wifi Repeater: IP: 192.168.0.254

Wireless repeaters are always going to make a connection slower. Many times you lose more than 1/2 the speed. You are trading coverage for performance.

It is likely you did not place the repeater in the best position. You can not just place it next to your pc and think it somehow magically solves wifi problems. It will always make it worse with that placement.

The device must be place where it can receive a strong signal from the main router and also provide a strong signal to the end device. 1/2 way between but that is too general since walls ceiling etc block signal so it may take some experimentation.

These devices should be a last option where getting any signal is better than getting none.

Raskon

Prominent
Apr 8, 2019
Wireless repeaters are always going to make a connection slower. Many times you lose more than 1/2 the speed. You are trading coverage for performance.

It is likely you did not place the repeater in the best position. You can not just place it next to your pc and think it somehow magically solves wifi problems. It will always make it worse with that placement.

The device must be place where it can receive a strong signal from the main router and also provide a strong signal to the end device. 1/2 way between but that is too general since walls ceiling etc block signal so it may take some experimentation.

These devices should be a last option where getting any signal is better than getting none.

This method don't work, but I prove other method with wires LAN to LAN different Ip but same WIFI very slow.

Last edited: