[SOLVED] Problem with 1 fan

knatora

Reputable
Jul 25, 2018
Hello. for last few days i have problem with 1 of my Cooler Master MASTERFAN MF200R RGB . At morning it working fine ( it start spin after turn power on), after i back from work it "try to spin" but move like 1 cm stoped and try again. In other days it took like 5-15 sec before is start spin ( after i turn pc on).

My spec : 2700x | 2060 |Gigabyte X470 AORUS GAMING 7 | EVGA G2 650 W Gold

Fan dont do any noise or wired sounds. I dont have any power problem with psu ( with gpu loaded to ~180W) there is no problem with pc

Is this only this fan problem or something else ? thx for help

Last edited:
Solution
For me, this sounds like the fan itself are malfunctioning. I think there is rather a loose soldering within the fan (it use to be a very small PCB plate merged with the stator/windings). Let's just say there can be any of the small components inside the fan being broken, and the only way to prove it otherwise is to connect the fan to a known good voltage source.

If it was the PSU that was the issue, I'll garuantee that the fan is one of the last components affected by poor voltage stability (I've tested several types of DC fans to crappy DC adaptors)
Hello. for last few days i have problem with 1 of my Cooler Master MASTERFAN MF200R RGB . At morning it working fine ( it start spin after turn power on), after i back from work it "try to spin" but move like 1 cm stoped and try again. In other days it took like 5-15 sec before is start spin ( after i turn pc on).

My spec : 2700x | 2060 |Gigabyte X470 AORUS GAMING 7 | EVGA G2 650 W Gold

Fan dont do any noise or wired sounds. I dont have any power problem with psu ( with gpu loaded to ~180W) there is no problem with pc

Is this only this fan problem or something else ? thx for help
I think it's most likely the fan....especially if it is sharing the voltage with other fans that aren't doing that.

knatora

Reputable
Jul 25, 2018
I got 4 fan like that and only 1 have this problem ( only diff is that 1 fan RGB light is connected to motherboard) other 3 are connected to cooler master controler that came with case. But all my fan RGB is TURNED OFF

For me, this sounds like the fan itself are malfunctioning. I think there is rather a loose soldering within the fan (it use to be a very small PCB plate merged with the stator/windings). Let's just say there can be any of the small components inside the fan being broken, and the only way to prove it otherwise is to connect the fan to a known good voltage source.

If it was the PSU that was the issue, I'll garuantee that the fan is one of the last components affected by poor voltage stability (I've tested several types of DC fans to crappy DC adaptors)

Solution