Question Problem with 1080ti founders edition

drangueos

Honorable
Mar 3, 2013
I got a 1080ti founders edition, a triple monitor setup + VR so I need 4 ports, but I'm having a problem.
The card has 3 DP ports and 1 hdmi port
the hdmi port works ok
and both DP on each side of the hdmi port work ok
but the DisplayPort (closer to the motherboard) was not working with any of my monitors or cables, so I ordered a new cable just to make sure my cable V1.2+ but still didn't work.

So now it is where it gets weird, I decided to try using a DP to HDMI adapter just for the sake of it and it worked, tried another adapter DP to DVI and it also worked, so the DP port is not working with DP cables but works OK with a DP to HDMI adapter.

I'm using 3x Dell U2414H monitors and a Lenovo Explorer VR

What I did so far:
*tried using 1 port at time
*already tested 5 cables
*already tried 3 nvidia drivers
*already tried the DP nvidia firmware update, but my card is up to date already

Anyone using 1080ti founders and all 3 displayports?
Any idea if my card if faulty?

This is the port in question:
LowZIv4.jpg

drangueos

Honorable
Mar 3, 2013
Which driver versions have you tried? Did you use DDU to wipe the drivers before reinstalling?

Mind sharing your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

I did DDU and drivers: 399.24, 419.35 and 430.64

i7 5960x
msi x99a xpower ac
32gb ddr4 2666
GPU it is on the title :p
Corsair AX1200i

You could try reseating the graphics card into the PCI-E slot along with the PSU cables. Does that port not work when posting into the motherboard's bios, with a regular display port cable plugged into that port only? If that's the case it has nothing to do with drivers or software. I'd return it for a refund.

That port doesn't work when posting using a DP to DP cable, only using the adapter, so you might be right.
will rma it to nvidia.