Question Problem with 2/4 RAM slots

renzull

Honorable
Nov 2, 2017
Hello folks, so today i decided to clean-up my PC. Disassembled my PC and cleaned up its components. Then of course i put the PC together and tried to boot it, powered my system, yet there was no picture on screen. Then i decided to try 1 stick in every slot and boot. At the end 2 slots didn't bring me picture on screen. Which means that 2 slots out of 4 are working and yes i tried all sticks. Every single stick works in those 2 working slots. Is the conclusion that my 2 RAM slots are dead or is there something else to it.

I even checked the wiring and replaced CPU's thermal paste. Everything works except those two RAM slots. I assume that they died somehow.

MOBO: Hewlett-Packard 1495.

Looking for new system soon aswell.

Thank you for reading my problem and suggesting solutions!

renzull

Honorable
Nov 2, 2017
Sounds like the slots are dead, maybe while you were cleaning it something got a static shock.
Thanks for the reply, yeah i assumed that something got a static shock aswell, so i have only 2 slots working, getting more ram soon for those slots because 4gb RAM nowadays is nothing.

Topic closed!

renzull

Honorable
Nov 2, 2017
i got new information. I opened my pc up and checked the pins. Well one pin is basically flipped backwards somehow. I provided a pcture aswell. Not best quality but its as much as i could zoom in.
DSC_0099.JPG