Problem with 3D Prophet 9700 Pro

Vampireli

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2002
Hi all.

I have very big problems with this graphics card. I have bought it yesterday (20.12.2002) and it seems that has problems. First of all, my machine:

Motherboard: Gigabyte 7VAXP Ultra
Processor: AMD Athlon XP 2100+
Ram: 256 DDR

Problem:

When I run 3D Mark, it's all ok. I change some options and so. So far, so good. And then I press benchmark and I get that red screen that shows what test will be runned. And here comes trouble. Now appears that jeep, and it runs only for a second, and then it throw me in the Windows. And in all games that does, someones they just stop and I have to reset my computer. I use the latest drivers (7.80) from Hercules. Please, help me. And sorry for my bad english, I come from Slovenia.

Please, I spend all my money to buyed this components. Please, help me.

hartski

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2002
If you want a quick solution doing a fresh install of Windows and the videocard drivers should eliminate msot if not all of the problems. You might have driver conflicts, wrong installation procedure, etc.

If you have had older cards installed you should completely remove the drivers for those before even installing the R9700. Also before installing the R9700 if you have a VIA chipset on your motherboard install the latest 4-in-1 drivers. I ran into a problem with my AIW 9700 Pro when I forgot to install the 4-in-1 drivers first.

Squints

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2001
Also check that your power supply is good enough to handle the extra load. I'm having freezing problems with my 9500pro and I'm pretty sure its because of my POS 300w power supply thats only 20 dollars NEW. You get what you pay for, so if your poor like me you get it a lot!