Nov 20, 2021
Hey I have 4x8GB Patriot viper blackout 4, but only 16GB in my pc at the moment.
Problem occurs when I connect ALL 32GB ram onto motherboard. After 10 minutes or even less I got bluescreen, when playing video games, game suddenly froze and need to restart (or BSOD).
I tested 4x8 memory with OCCT and after ~12 minutes program detects an error and the errors continued to increase with time. Too tested every single RAM with OCCT in single-channel and dual-channel
I also put memory into another PC and it not even want to boot.

Spec of first PC:
-CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
-Motherboard: MSI TOMAHAWK MAX
-GPU: GTX 960
-PSU: SilentiumPC GOLD 750W
Spec of second PC:
-CPU: R3 1200
-Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H V2

All answers are appreciated :)
PS: please pay attention to that I tested RAM on second PC so there's small chance for bend pins.

Solution
MSI TOMAHAWK MAX
Maybe reason can be daisy chain topology there (T-topology is far from common), because you most likely run it with XMP
And by putting second pair of ram sticks you create a problem when they run less synchronized.
Usually when you put additional pair of memory sticks you should downclock them all, with XMP 3200, probably to 3000?... And it can require some extensive testing to find stable frequency and timings
But with 3200 that may be not case, i am not sure...

Spec of first PC:

Spec of second PC:
First PC (mostly R5 3600) should support 3200 memory kits, but i am not sure about 4x8 stability...
Second...

DimkaTsv

Commendable
Nov 7, 2021
MSI TOMAHAWK MAX
Maybe reason can be daisy chain topology there (T-topology is far from common), because you most likely run it with XMP
And by putting second pair of ram sticks you create a problem when they run less synchronized.
Usually when you put additional pair of memory sticks you should downclock them all, with XMP 3200, probably to 3000?... And it can require some extensive testing to find stable frequency and timings
But with 3200 that may be not case, i am not sure...

Spec of first PC:

Spec of second PC:
First PC (mostly R5 3600) should support 3200 memory kits, but i am not sure about 4x8 stability...
Second PC, actually just R3 1200 may not be able to run consistently XMP 3200 (but with this i am not sure there) - because memory controller on Zen1 is quite bad compared to what's nowadays

Oh oops, it was 3200 kit, i somehow thought about 4000 one. Still almost nothing changed

Last edited:
Solution
Nov 20, 2021
That doesn't change that they are different...
Different chips were taken, with different quality and different binning. They just may not work together
But in older PC that I used were 2 different RAM DDR3 (8GB Kingston and 4GB Samsung) and they were working perfectly.
These Vipers have the same timings and frequency so only little different chip can broke everything?

DimkaTsv

Commendable
Nov 7, 2021
But in older PC that I used were 2 different RAM DDR3 (8GB Kingston and 4GB Samsung) and they were working perfectly.
These Vipers have the same timings and frequency so only little different chip can broke everything?
Higher speed of interaction between sticks - easier to some small change to cause serious consequences
Otherwise 4x8 4x16 kits weren't a thing.
Also as i said, usually just running full speed on 4x8 is not common for daisy chain motherboards (like 95% of all motherboards) to run on max binned speed.
But not being able to run on 2133 spec is strange. can it be problem with motherboard or CPU?
Check ram sticks one by one i guess, and, maybe different slots on motherboard?

Nov 20, 2021
As I said before I tested every single RAM in single-channel and dual-channel in every slot

edit: On second PC every single slot, because MSI Motherboard not allowing me to connect them in slots that are incorrect for putting RAM in

Nov 20, 2021
Ok I think problem is solved at the moment.
I did OCCT memory test 1Hour Cycles#107 and 12 threads
No error detected
RAM frequency 3200Mhz dual channel so for one RAM stick its 1600Mhz right?
I.. did nothing to fix it. It just basically fixed itself?
Thats really weird but its working
BIOS Settings:
XMP off
RAM freq 3200Mhz
RAM voltage 1.35
timings (I allow RAM set timings)

Nov 20, 2021
Ok so thats really weird.
I cant overclock them to higher frequency when RAM is in dual-channel. Thats ok
PC is working perfect, 0 errors When first time settings up new frequency (like 3200mhz, 3133, 2133 etc), but after restart and doing memory test there are so many errors.
Thats the weirdest problem I had with my PC.
Thank you all for help. I appreciate that