Problem With 5770 - NEED YOUR HELP, GUYS! :*(

fillmeister

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2009
Hello there...

My english is bad so excuse me.

For the last half year i been running on my Gainward Geforce 8600GTS 512MB and last week i thought i really could use a new one. So i bought Sapphire 5770 1GDDR5. But when i plug it in my computer, nothing happens. When i start my computer, the screen is all black and 1 long and 2 short beeps heards from the motherboard. I know it means i got a VideoCard problem. My old 8600 GTS still works and i have update all drivers for my motherboard. The 6-pin power cable is attached to the card so it got power.

Please Help me !

My Specs:
Motherboard: Abit - AN52 V2.0
PSU: Q-Tec 500w BIGFAN
GPU: none, at the moment
CPU: AMD 64 5600+ 2.8GHZ dualcore
HDD: 950G
RAM: 4G DDR2 800

1. Remove nVidia drivers, shut down, take out card
2. Boot, run a driver cleaner of registry cleaner to get out all references to nVidia.
3. Reboot, Shut down
4. Insert ATI card, boot
5. Install ATI drivers, reboot

Bit of a problem between 1 & 4 as the motherboard does not have onboard graphics.

suat

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Uninstalling graphics card drivers may not be sufficient alone. You should have also removed your previous graphics card from Device Manager before removing the card from M/B.

Therefore, you may have one ghost ( your previous graphics card which you normally cannot see ) and one real ( ATI which you now normally see ) graphics card in your system. I suggest you follow the steps outlined in the below MS article to make all ghost devices appear. Then you can delete them. Delete only the ones which you happened to physically remove before removing from Device Manager.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315539

Hope the above helps.

Regards

fillmeister

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2009
because my computer have been f*cked up i havent had time to check these answers. one more thing : there is no nvidia driver left at all ..