Problem with 970 g1 - Blue screen purple

Krahll

Reputable
Dec 29, 2014
Hi people, it's my first time using nvidia gpu, so I'm not sure if the card have some kind of problem or not. I've searched a lot in google and cannot find and answer, that's why I'm asking for help here.

Basically, games run really good but sometimes I got the windows blue screen in purple tint and with some garbage in the screen, you can notice that is a graphic problem. Also when I start a game, or alt+tab in a game screen turns black then green and then switch to desktop/game (between 1 and 2 seconds). At first I though about a cpu oc problem so I went back to stock and still happens, then set gpu to stock, and still happens, so I don't know if I should go to the vendor to return the card and get another one, or if it's just another problem (like the psu) and the gpu is good. I get the 970 to replace a sapphire 7850 dual x because at 4k didn't work good on games (at least high settings), but never had a problem with that gpu.

While gaming gpu never go past 68°C (custom fan profile), cpu socket around 60°C, cores around 52°C

My current rig:

AMD FX 8320 @ 4.5
Asus M5A97 R2.0
Coolermaster Hyper 612
Coolermaster GXII 750W
16G Kingston Hyper X fury black (4x4)
Samsung 840 ssd 128gb (and 2 caviar green)
Gigabyte gtx 970 G1 Gaming (1300 core, 7500 mem)
Zalman Z11 case
Windows 8 Pro

Thanks in advance!!

Krahll

Reputable
Dec 29, 2014

I just format SSD and I got the same kind of problem, but now in win 8.1:

http://imageshack.com/a/img538/5076/eVvRUF.jpg

dump file noted ntoskrnl.exe+14dca0 as the address that caused the problem, I read hardware can cause that problem, but still not sure if it can be the gpu :S

Krahll

Reputable
Dec 29, 2014

I did as you told me, but not with latest driver (because I read a lot about last 2 versions being troublesome) and it seems to work ok. I'll be testing a couple more days before selecting "solution". Thanks a lot for your help.